WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Small hanging tent organizer? Like this...

Has anyone seen anything like this? I am looking for something simple to toss glasses and headlamp.. things like that. The Marmot Birdhouse weighs 1.4oz

Maybe MYOG?

Thanks

https://www.campmor.com/products/mar...tent-organizer

Journal Entries

Looks nifty. I personally wouldn't buy it, because our Big Agnes tent has pockets that serve this purpose, and they're reachable without lifting up off my bed.

We once had a tent with a mesh panel that clipped into loops at the top of the tent, and created a shelf. It was useful for putting a headlamp for general illumination.

What I really want is a tent with good places to hang damp clothes.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    What I really want is a tent with good places to hang damp clothes.
    Your tent should have some loops for adding a gear loft... run some guyline between the loops for a cloths line.
    Down side is that in some cases (due to moisture in tent just from you breathing) the cloths might be damper in the morning than when you hung them up.

I just put my Tilley hat upside down next to my head and all my misc. stuff gets tossed into it i.e. phone, glasses, headlamp, watch. Whatever I might need during the night.
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    ...Down side is that in some cases (due to moisture in tent just from you breathing) the cloths might be damper in the morning than when you hung them up.
    This is true. But it is nice to be able to put wet items or other things up and out of the way sometimes. I bought a "PackBack" from Dutch last year -- it is a simple mesh pocket that you can attach to any pack and gives you significantly more mesh storage space on the outside of your pack. The really nice thing is that it attaches/detaches in about 5 seconds, and I string it up through the loops in my tent whenever I want a gear hammock. It's also useful for toting laundry or groceries. One of the best things I ever added.
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

I had one in my sierra designs 1 man tent back in the boy scouts, it was mostly used for leaving items in my tent when packing up.
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

My Exped winter tent included a small mesh item that clipped to loops near the top of the tent, forming kind of a loft.
    While this idea sounded really great in theory, in practice it limited the head space for me when sitting upright and this mesh-loft thing kept tingling my bald so I removed it for good.
    It is no good practice to have too many of those small stuff items laying aorund in the tent, such small things tend to get too easily forgotten when packing up in the morning.

Only things I keep floating around are the headlamp and the glasses. The smartphone goes into the sleeping bag, in order to keep the battery from getting drained in the cold.

Super easy to hang or permanently stick mesh bags to your tent. If you don’t sew, buy the bag you want then attach stick-on mitten hooks to your bag and grosgrain loops to your tent or use double-sided tape/Velcro or something similar. Z packs sells a $10 stick-on mesh pocket (and stick on mitten hooks).

++ New Posts ++