WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    LarWat
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TNhiker View Post
    if the boot is a touch too big----the liner sock, in conjunction with a regular hiking sock, will help to make the fit a little better.....

for me----the combo of liner sock really helps out.....

kinda wicks some moisture away----kinda helps with blisters----kinda helps with padding adding a touch of comfort...

i also use an insert to help with comfort......

Okay, thank you!

[QUOTE=sam1000000;2280474]How do liner socks solve the sliding issue? Aren't they really thin?[/QUOTE
    Liner socks are meant to be thin, and on top of them you wear your hiking socks. The idea is to reduce friction. also, feet will swell, that is why you want your hiking shoes to be a size or so bigger. I learned it the hard way, loosing a big toenail.

In some cases to get the fit for my wide feet I have to go one size up and then I need to glue a tapered foam pad the the inside of the tongue. This helps keep my foot back in the heel space. Its not ideal but in combinstion with my inserts it helps reduce the sliding. I cut them myself but year ago I bought a commercial version from a Red Wing dealer for some work boots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++