WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Pretty cool little dude and his little osprey!!

I seen this other day and forgot to check it out, thanks for posting it. They seem like real people I wish them the best!!

( I wanted to add an after thought about little Harvey's stride ya know he's so small his stride is probably 3 to 1 compared to mom and dad meaning 20,000 steps for them about 10 miles is 60,000 for him ) .
    Last edited by JNI64; 02-01-2021 at 18:19.

I live close enough to the trail and if they make it this far I would gladly shuttle them and take them in for the night.

As long as there's no charge !!

I just got finished watching their last video, I'm enjoying watching them. That lil Harvey is no snowflake neither is mom or dad.

They had to go around the smokies because of 3'snow drifting. They started into the smokies but was smart enough to turn around when they heard what was up there.

The last video they were at uncle Johnnys, for 2 nights with a slackpack. Which is a really hilarious story involved with that slackpack so funny. No I'm not gonna tell ya go watch it.

So by my calculations they are averaging about 10 mile days and that's with zeros. Not a bad start all things considered. Keep going Suttons........

Reminds me of the "Family" described in the Barefoot Sisters Southbound.
    "It goes to show you never can tell." - Charles Edward Anderson Berry

These trail troopers are still heading north. Watched them go through Damascus and did a little video with lone wolf and Ramindo.

Watching them go through Grayson Highlands and little Harvey with the wild ponies the cutest thing ever.

And then there biggest day yet a 15.5 mile day to partnership shelter for pizza, a nice treat for a 4 year old after a long day of hiking.

But the cutest thing was Watching mom teach little Harvey how to snot rocket princess!!

Rock on Suttons!!

I mean priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Old Grouse View Post
    Reminds me of the "Family" described in the Barefoot Sisters Southbound.
    I'm familiar with the barefoot sisters, but not with the "family " described in the southbound?

Day 179 now entering the whites. It has been fun watching their journey. Really wholesome family, everyone has fun with little man from hidden treasures maps,wiffle ball,squirt guns, what an experience for them .

He actually turned 5 on trail they had a birthday party for him and they went home in va for a few days. They received 100's of birthday cards and presents from all over the US and even from a couple countries.

I saw them on Memorial Day at the Brassie Brook Shelter in CT. They are up in VT or NH by now.

Journal Entries
    Images

My favorite hikers this year have been the families that are hiking,..The kids are killing it...I really never hear them complain just the adults...I am going to send him for finishing...
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

I shared shelters with the Suttons twice during my recent section hike from Route 2/Gorham to Katahdin. Appear to be a solid family and Harvey ("Little Man") is a great kid. They are being accompanied by another thru, Sugar Man. I think they have probably summited by now. Anybody have an update on them?

They posted a video on August 12th of completing the 100 mile wilderness.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J6S0scAqdis

That's so cool congratulations to the Suttons!!
    Thank you guys for sharing your journey!
    They are the only ones I watched this year and they made it look easy with a 4,5 year old and all the filming and such.

Journal Entries
    Images

That harvey had a great time Its funny and a great reflection on us as adults.We bitch and moan the Kids this year hiking nothing just having fun...
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled on their video of their first few days on the trail (back in January.) Just making it to Neel Gap...with a 4yr old...in January...demanded my respect, but I had my doubts they'd make it the whole way. As is so often the case, I was wrong.

I haven't watched all their videos, but have enjoyed what I've seen. What a fantastic memory for Harvey; what a great accomplishment for his parents.

I did wonder how they were going to handle Katahdin if they made it that far, but they did it in exactly the right way. Kudos to them -- and to BSP. Well done all around, in my opinion. When respect is given, respect is returned. Just one of the many, many lessons Harvey (and countless others) can take away from this adventure.
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

Waiting with bated breath for their last video.........

Little man aka Harvey becomes the youngest northbound through hiker!! Congratulations well done kid!!

++ New Posts ++