Thread: Daisy Hikes

Images

Default Daisy Hikes

I'm watching "Daisy Hikes" on YouTube as she hikes south on the Florida Trail. Day 20 video includes an attack by three dogs during a road walk through a country neighborhood. Between Mt Gilead Baptist Church and Madison. Good thing she had pepper spray, she had to spray one dog to avoid being bitten. She was warned by a fellow through hiker who was bitten. I think this has been reported to the police and also to the Guthooks App?
    Larry

Journal Entries

It always fascinates me that people can be WB members for years, 9+ years in this case, and only have 2 posts. Amazing!

I'm glad Daisy was forewarned and had means to protect herself. I've been barked at by a dog while walking in our neighborhood, but I'm not sure what I'd do with THREE dogs at once! Yikes!

LuckyLarry, I suggest posting a link to her video.

Does she have a twin named Dixie?

Images

https://youtu.be/tYc7AARSD1M

dog incident occurs at the 9:20 point in the video it is quite intense

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
    https://youtu.be/tYc7AARSD1M

dog incident occurs at the 9:20 point in the video it is quite intense
    The pepper spray worked really well! Too bad the dogs were aggressive.

Yes it does,, I use the larger cop size gel cans that shoot about 20 feet far enough I can hit a dog on the ground while on horseback.
    Keep one on my saddle, one on my bike, and have one I carry on my person when out and about .
    about the only thing more aggravating than irresponsible dog owners, is the complete lack of law enforcement that enables them.

Apparently dog attacks are a real problem on the Florida Trail. Past summer I met a ECT hiker in Virginia who, as he told me, got bitten quite badly by dogs in Florida and had to get stitches. He did not had any spray at the time. Seems like the local authorities do not do much about it if anything.

AT 11,000 Miler
    Images

A hiker got bit by one of those dogs a couple of days later. He went to the emergency room via ambulance. A police report was filed and the Madison County animal control impounded the three dogs. I just finished hiking that section and no dogs were present at that location. I'm not sure how long that will last.

Never thot I would do this but here's a link for the local dog bite lawyer in Madison Florida.Note:he got a $2,000,000 jury award which set a record. https://www.dogbitelawyerusa.com/dog...n-Florida.html

I noticed what looked like a person dressed in red and blue in the yard of the home when the attack was going on who apparently did nothing.Most counties have leash laws and even if that county doesn't,the only question I would have is what kind of person lets three dangerous dogs run loose and harass and endanger people.I hope they get sued!

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Never thot I would do this but here's a link for the local dog bite lawyer in Madison Florida.Note:he got a $2,000,000 jury award which set a record. https://www.dogbitelawyerusa.com/dog...n-Florida.html

I noticed what looked like a person dressed in red and blue in the yard of the home when the attack was going on who apparently did nothing.Most counties have leash laws and even if that county doesn't,the only question I would have is what kind of person lets three dangerous dogs run loose and harass and endanger people.I hope they get sued!
    In our neighborhood we have a lady that has had her lab escape her house and attack at least 4 other dogs including one time where it broke through a screened door to get to a dog. It attacked our dog and knocked my wife down in the melee but it keeps happening. People are crazy.

Note:while researching Madison Fl.,I came across a dog attack in Madison County Tn. where a man adopted a LARGE
    Rottweiler from a local shelter and the dog literally killed the man at his home later that day.

So my take away is that dogs are dangerous,they are likely to be anywhere,and it's one more reason I carry hiking poles,bear spray,and a knife.So sorry for those who are offended................

Images

My dog is only a day hiker. She's a cute looking Aussie and everyone wants to pet her. "Can I pet your dog and does she bite?". I begin by telling them all dogs can bite. You never know what will flip their switch. I've never had one want to pet her after saying that. ... Sorry, that has nothing to do with the dog attack in Fl. Just putting it out there for people wanting to pet a dog and dog owners.

++ New Posts ++