WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I keep my S29 Allwhite Ursack with an odor resistant liner inside it for odor and moisture control.It rides quite nicely on top of my ULA CDT pack with a single strap.I noticed the other day that Zpacks makes a V shaped double strap option that goes on some of their packs for canister carry.

Quote Originally Posted by JC13 View Post
    I'm with you on the dislike of bear bagging. Funny enough, I was asked last year to teach a group of late teen/early 20 something guys how to bear hang by their dad when I was on the AT.

One thing that someone here at WB or either Hammock Forums taught me was that you can take a small water bottle that's one of the really light guage flimsy ones and put a few ounces of water in it and use that as your throwing weight.Because it is flimsy it takes quite a bit of abuse and you can pull it thru obstructions most of the time and I have never had it wrap around a limb which would be about the only thing to get it stuck.

I use only potable water in mine and drink it first thing the next morning usually when the bag gets collected.One reason I use the metal liner in my URsack now is because it provides a great deal of protection from my getting crushed which I consider to be a plus.......Another thing I have noticed is how much bear bagging and lines weigh.It all adds up and to be honest,I hate hunting a limb and often have to settle for a substandard hang which really is not fair to the wildlife.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    I keep my S29 Allwhite Ursack with an odor resistant liner inside it for odor and moisture control.It rides quite nicely on top of my ULA CDT pack with a single strap.I noticed the other day that Zpacks makes a V shaped double strap option that goes on some of their packs for canister carry.
    Does the Ursack have a loop of sorts on the bottom of it to help get it secured to the top of your ULA CDT. Is the single strap affixted permanently to your pack?

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    Does the Ursack have a loop of sorts on the bottom of it to help get it secured to the top of your ULA CDT. Is the single strap affixted permanently to your pack?
    No loop on bottom of Ursack.Pack strap is like most-sewed into pack on one end with the clasp and take up at the other.There is simply no way the Ursack is going to separate from the pack because those long tie cords from the sack can tie to the side straps etc;plus,mine has the metal can liner in it so it's bulky enough to be noticed if it were to detach.

The only thing I don't like about the Ursack is that it is white.I don't like anything white in the woods near me as I knew a kid who was mistaken for a deer and killed by a poacher on his own property when we were in high school.
    That's why I keep it covered with the rain pack cover which is no big deal as it's being carried anyway.

Images

Thank you Five Tango for your help.

So I went out to their website and they now make some that are black.Of course they do now that I have bot mine!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++