My first backpacking trip of 2021 runs from January 14 to February 3 and becomes a true solo trip as I only see one backpacker in 21 days.

The trip occurs in the mountains of Tennessee on these trails---(In Bald River and Upper Bald River Wilderness)---
** Bald River (did it 3 times back and forth).
** Brookshire Creek.
** State Line Ridge Heading West to Sandy Gap.
** Kirkland Creek Down and Up.
** BMT from Sandy Gap up and over Waucheesi Mt.
** Repeated FS 126/384 roadwalks.
** Warrior's Passage to Old Furnace Roadwalk and out.

All pics can be seen here---
https://tipiwalter.smugmug.com/Backp...o-Winter-Trip/

I get dropped off a mile below Bald River Falls and hike up to the Falls and get on Bald River trail which climbs behind the falls and alongside Bald River for many miles. Pack of choice is McHale with about 100+ lbs of too much food and winter gear. Top is Patagonia capilene thermal weight hoody.

As I backpack up Bald River I stay on the East bank and groove on the neato sound.

About midway thru the wilderness I set up in Big Pine Camp and get some snow. What's remarkable about this pic is in 2009 I set up my very first Hilleberg Keron tent at this exact spot in snow. See next pic.

Same spot but in 2009 with my first ever Keron tent.

Bald River trail after a light snow.

I use Bald River trail too connect to Brookshire Creek trail in Upper Bald wilderness and have to get in bare feet and crocs to cross several cold creeks.

I usually put my boots under pack lid for creek crossings---for better stability.