WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default VA and PA Covid-19 travel restrictions

Am looking to section hike either VA or PA this April/May.
    Saw where the AT Conservatory ADVISED hikers to postpone/delay hikes for the time being.
    Given I have received my second vaccination, I feel safe to hike (but limit town time).
    Is there any other by state restrictions for either VA or PA that I am not aware of at this time?

LarWat
    Journal Entries

Oooh, I hadn't thought about the state-by-state regulations. Good thoughts! Also, you probably know, but just a reminder to all that while having both doses is great, you can still potentially spread Covid to others

Quote Originally Posted by sam1000000 View Post
    Oooh, I hadn't thought about the state-by-state regulations. Good thoughts! Also, you probably know, but just a reminder to all that while having both doses is great, you can still potentially spread Covid to others
    Any science on that one?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Transmission post vaccine simply was not studies in Phase 3 trials. Logically, a successfully vaccinated individual cannot acquire in sufficient levels to transmit to others. Why would Covid-19 vaccine work differently than other vaccines. Pfizer CEO has stated publicly that they have good evidence and data to show that vaccination does protect against transmission and that they will have more formal and definitive results in early March or late February if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Old_Dog View Post
    Any science on that one?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Transmission post vaccine simply was not studies in Phase 3 trials. Logically, a successfully vaccinated individual cannot acquire in sufficient levels to transmit to others. Why would Covid-19 vaccine work differently than other vaccines. Pfizer CEO has stated publicly that they have good evidence and data to show that vaccination does protect against transmission and that they will have more formal and definitive results in early March or late February if I recall.
    . An unsuccessfully vaccinated person is someone who contracts Covid-19 and is either symptomatic or asymptomatic as based on antibodies. People in that situation but not vaccinated have been demonstrated to pass on the disease. Whether or not transmission by those vaccinated is reduced is not known yet.

However, the thread is about Covid-19 travel restrictions in PA or VA. So I am editing the title and moving to straight forward.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Consistent with CDC guidance, Virginia currently does not have any quarantine requirements for people arriving in the Commonwealth from other U.S. or international locations.
    Virginia's department of health has some good guidance or certainly better than most states.

https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronav...munity-spread/

Individuals in transit through the Commonwealth to another destination, provided that the time spent in the Commonwealth is only the amount of time necessary to complete the transit, make use of travel services, such as a highway rest stop, or make necessary travel connections.

Anyone who visits Pennsylvania from another state, including Pennsylvanians returning to the Commonwealth, must get tested within 72 hours prior to entering the Commonwealth. If an individual is unable to get a test prior to entering the Commonwealth, is waiting for test results, or chooses not to get a test, they must quarantine for 10 days upon arrival in our state or secure a negative test, whichever is first.
    It would seem a PCR test is needed for nonresidents or residents returning from other states, unless one could claim they were in transit. Doubtful. This is one of the exemptions.

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/dis...Travelers.aspx

May is a long way away. Daily new cases has dropped almost 70% since January 20th when the PCR test was fixed (excessive amplification). I am keeping an eye on it. Things could hopefully change dramatically by then......combination of vaccine and lower case numbers due to both weather and more realistic PCR amplification schemes.

So we don't really get into critiques about the restrictions that's why I moved it here to straight forward.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

++ New Posts ++