WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

LarWat
    Journal Entries

Default Headphone/earbud suggestions

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a pair of earbuds for backpacking. I'd like to go wireless so that things aren't getting tangled. That being said, I have had issues with earbuds falling out of my ears in the past (I have small ears haha). Maybe the kind that are wireless with a loop of cord connecting the two earpieces would be best. I'd like to not spend a fortune on this. Any suggestions?

I would go to Walmart and see what they got. Most of the wireless phones are connected with a cord. I think Apple is the only ones with no cord. I'd go for a no name in the $20 range.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

I've got a pair of MPow from amazon, $15 since 2016 and they still kicking. Not the best sound quality but good enough.

My kids gave me a pair of After shokz bone conducting and I love them. Can hear traffic coming now. My ears ring constantly so these really work good for me. The batteries last a long time also, over 8 hours at least.

You can get wireless earbuds that have a clip that fits over the ear, so they hang on from above, as it were. Of course any wireless stuff has to be charged.
    Under $20 is hard to get without going to no-name stuff. Though my local Best Buy has some JVC (HA EC20BT) like that on clearance for $15, marked down from $40.

where i am now, which might not be where i am tomorrow

you can get perfectly fine, but wired, ear buds at dollar tree for a buck.

I got my daughter the apple pro wireless for xmas, she is small and exercises with them and she says they are very secure. Amazon has them for less than apple, $200. I use jaybird tarah pro, 13 hour battery life, great sound, really nice headphones. I don’t like headphones while hiking and just use cheap wired skulz at camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodust View Post
    My kids gave me a pair of After shokz bone conducting and I love them. Can hear traffic coming now. My ears ring constantly so these really work good for me. The batteries last a long time also, over 8 hours at least.
    Glad to hear that feedback. I just ordered a set of them a few days ago after riding the fence for a while. The idea of being able to run with music but not be disconnected from the world around me is very appealing.

+1 on Aftershokz! You can hear what you're listening to as well as the environmental sounds around you. Very handy when you're in rattlesnake country ....
    "Ghost"
    NPT Nobo 2013, AT Sobo 2020

Quote Originally Posted by h. hastings View Post
    +1 on Aftershokz! You can hear what you're listening to as well as the environmental sounds around you. Very handy when you're in rattlesnake country ....
    You can also wear ear plugs and shutout the outside world while listening to whatever if you want. The sound is better.

I’m going to try them while mowing the lawn when things green up this spring.

where i am now, which might not be where i am tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Nodust View Post
    You can also wear ear plugs and shutout the outside world while listening to whatever if you want. The sound is better.

I’m going to try them while mowing the lawn when things green up this spring.

are you saying you can wear ear buds AND ear plugs? that sounds interesting. could you explain please? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffordbarnabus View Post
    are you saying you can wear ear buds AND ear plugs? that sounds interesting. could you explain please? thanks.
    Just regular ear plugs. If you want to cancel out outside noise. They actually come with two ear plugs.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Journal Entries
    Images

Anyone recommend a waterproof brand for android phonr?
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

I also have an issue with "buds" falling out of my ears. I have and use these all the time.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Quote Originally Posted by sam1000000 View Post
    Hi, I'm thinking of getting a pair of earbuds for backpacking. I'd like to go wireless so that things aren't getting tangled. That being said, I have had issues with earbuds falling out of my ears in the past (I have small ears haha). Maybe the kind that are wireless with a loop of cord connecting the two earpieces would be best. I'd like to not spend a fortune on this. Any suggestions?
    The wired ear buds from circa 10 years ago are very light. They don't have a battery so no need for an extra charging cable or battery source. They would be hard to loose, but wireless are so convenient. For weekend hikes, I would go wireless, but for longer trip, I would not want the extra accessories. I have several sets of wireless. In my experience, the battery life on the cheap ones is typically 50% of the advertised time. If you only use them an hour a day, it's probably no big deal either way.

I dont have wireless but my KOSS Sparkplug ear buds are a nice snug fit. They use a foam ear insert that expands like protective ear plugs that keep them in place. They fit so nicely, they seal out noise really well... sometimes maybe too much. Ive had my friends unintentionally sneak up on me a few times n scared the spuds out of me in the dark.

Oh, the sounds quality is amazing too!

++ New Posts ++