WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by greenpete View Post
    I guess it's too late, since you've "taken the plunge"! But Facebook, while certainly the most popular social media platform, by far the most trivial and innocuous. It's fun and easy, but you sacrifice both integrity and, if you allow it, identity privacy.

I agree with Coffee about WordPress. Fairly easy to set up, and you've got much more room to write about your experiences while also sharing photos and allowing large space for commenters. It's more the "thinking man's" social media platform, especially if you enjoy writing. But I'm an old guy, a writer, a book reader, and enjoy intelligent discussion...so I'm biased.
    Sorry if I missed it in the couple of posts I've seen you in, but do you have a site you will be posting about your trip on? You start talking about intelligent discussion and book reading it gets my attention
    “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait until that other is ready...”~Henry David Thoreau

http://lesstraveledby.net
    YouTube Channel
    Trailspace Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStranger View Post
    Sorry if I missed it in the couple of posts I've seen you in, but do you have a site you will be posting about your trip on? You start talking about intelligent discussion and book reading it gets my attention
    Hi LoneStranger. I have a WordPress site where I hope to periodically post stuff about my upcoming thru-hike. Probably won't be a lot, since I only have a flip phone and will only jump online when I take motel breaks. But I'd be honored if you visit. The link is peterkurtz.com.

And maybe we can meet up some time, either in Maine or elsewhere...peace!

Wilderness is where things work the way they're supposed to work - Walkin' Jim Stoltz

Quote Originally Posted by greenpete View Post
    Hi LoneStranger. I have a WordPress site where I hope to periodically post stuff about my upcoming thru-hike. Probably won't be a lot, since I only have a flip phone and will only jump online when I take motel breaks. But I'd be honored if you visit. The link is peterkurtz.com.

And maybe we can meet up some time, either in Maine or elsewhere...peace!

Wilderness is where things work the way they're supposed to work - Walkin' Jim Stoltz
    Thanks for the link! I followed you on WP so I should see when you post, but if you are having fun and forget that is cool too. The hike is the important part. Enjoy!!
    “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait until that other is ready...”~Henry David Thoreau

http://lesstraveledby.net
    YouTube Channel
    Trailspace Reviews

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++