WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Greyhound don't go there anymore

I get my second VAX shot soon and seeing I missed out on my yearly LASH last year, I was thinking maybe I'd head down to VA and finish the state (again) middle of April. The plan would have been to go to Marion, VA and head north to at least Daleville, where I got off 2 years ago.

Well, wouldn't you know it, Greyhound doesn't stop in Marion anymore. Serious problem. The closest stop now is Wytheville, some 26 miles away from Marion. I suppose I could get a shuttle from there down to Marion. I also see the Roanoke station is now just a stop, no more lobby ticket sales or waiting room. This makes life difficult.

Atkins is a little closer, wonder how long a road walk would take... Gonna have to think about this some more and decide if it's worth the hassle.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Depending on when you want to start, I could potentially get you from Roanoke to Marion.

Images

and potentially, depending upon date, i could take you from wytheville to marion...

Thanks for the offers guys, I'll let you know if I become serious about this...
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

for your planning purposes----

i will be in wytheville the morning of the 10th and heading south on I81

which would take you to marion....

i stay in wytheville as my "halfway" point (besides other things) when i drive from maryland to TN..

that's my tentative plan as of right now (at hotel in greensboro as my half way point right now driving
    back to maryland)...

I might bump it up to being in wytheville on morning of april 9th...

but that decision will be made in a few weeks...

Images

the more i think about it----makes more sense for me to leave wytheville the
    morning of the 9th....

I will be driving from NH to Roanoke on the night of the 10 into the 11th if a ride is needed. Doing James river foot bridge sobo to Mcafee starting the 12th.

++ New Posts ++