WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Fly Creek HV UL2 w/footprint

Selling my Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL2 with Big Agnes footprint $270 plus shipping.
    Tent has been used 17 nights on the AT, rained on twice, never set in high wind.
    100% undamaged, no stains, all adjusters, closures, zippers, clips etc are perfect condition.
    Extra guys for wind have never been used and are still factor bundled. Includes the 7 BA stakes, patch tube, all bags including plastic inner bag for poles even the original rubber bands. No scratches on frame and shock cord is still strong and not worn.
    Tent could pass for new excepting the webbing at ground level which shows very light dirt staining.
    This was my 4th Big Agnes tent so I knew how to take care of it, tent was never packed wet.
    Selling because I've moved to a Copper Spur in consideration of being 70 and less flexible
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Crossup View Post
    Selling my Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL2 with Big Agnes footprint $270 plus shipping.
    Tent has been used 17 nights on the AT, rained on twice, never set in high wind.
    100% undamaged, no stains, all adjusters, closures, zippers, clips etc are perfect condition.
    Extra guys for wind have never been used and are still factor bundled. Includes the 7 BA stakes, patch tube, all bags including plastic inner bag for poles even the original rubber bands. No scratches on frame and shock cord is still strong and not worn.
    Tent could pass for new excepting the webbing at ground level which shows very light dirt staining.
    This was my 4th Big Agnes tent so I knew how to take care of it, tent was never packed wet.
    Selling because I've moved to a Copper Spur in consideration of being 70 and less flexible
    I feel your age. But several years older. I have exactly the same tent, and I like it, but crawling out of like a natural birth is a bit difficult. My sons have side entry tents, and that seems a bit easier, kinda like a Cesarean Section. I'm keeping my BA HV UL2 as we mostly, for a while, slack pack.

Not just age, I'm one of those who bring a lot of comforts, gear and go out for 7-10 day sections. The FC is a great tent but once you have the luxury of a lot of room its hard to go back. My last outing was actually with a Copper Spur UL2 HOTEL!!. So nice to have a huge covered space to lay out gear when it was raining, pack up under the hotel and have a place to put wet gear to dry while still having room to get in and out of the hotel part of the tent.
    That said the FC has many advantages, like being able to setup in tiny, tight areas, being easy to dry because its parts are picnic table sized and its literally half the weight of the CS Hotel. In the end, with 2 Copper Spurs, one of which I have both regular and Hotel fly's for, there is no real need for a super light tent in my hiking. For the majority of hikers, its the opposite, who carries a 40-45lb pack now? I do

Sold no longer available

++ New Posts ++