WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Critique my setup, First time real world with the Lunar Solo...

Hows this setup look? I slept with the one vestibule rolled up. condition wasn't a issue. it was certainly there but as long as I didn't brush it everything was good...

IMG_8579.JPGIMG_8575.JPGIMG_8587.JPG

Looks good.That tent was my home away from home for two thousand miles on my A.T. thru hike in 2018.

That's about as good as it gets.

It does get condensation in wet weather and my only complaint is rubbing my head on the wall as I sit up and it's a little hard to put a shirt on without also rubbing against the walls.

I got caught in a wicked thunderstorm one night in NC. A wind gust pulled the center post guy line out of the ground and the tent collapsed on me, then one corner came loose! It seems I was camped in something of a wind tunnel, which the front of the tent happened to be facing.

Spent the rest of the storm sitting up and holding onto the trekking pole to hold up the tent, thinking "oh yea this is safe" as lightning crashed near-by. This lasted until like 3AM. I finally fixed the guy line, then 2 hours later round 2 came in a 5AM. At that point I gave up. Packed up and left.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioHiker View Post
    Hows this setup look? I slept with the one vestibule rolled up. condition wasn't a issue. it was certainly there but as long as I didn't brush it everything was good...

IMG_8579.JPGIMG_8575.JPGIMG_8587.JPG
    Looks fine. But if you were in Baxter SP they'd bust your chops for having stakes outside the tent pad.

Just kidding, but only a little.

Nice setup. Does the tent come with that view?

++ New Posts ++