I just read Gambit’s excellent thread about going stoveless, and wanted to dig a bit deeper for my own personal situation. I’ve never NOT carried a stove, so going cold would be a big change. As I do my own analysis, I feel I understand the cold weather/ warm weather difference. The nutritional value, the cooking fiddle factor ( meaning stoveless is generally simpler), and the small but real weight savings. I always go cold in the morning, whether it’s granola or a protein shake or bars or combination of all. If I can get past the morning coffee ( it’s generally not even good coffee), and I never fire up the stove for lunch, it really means you’d use your stove for only a few trail dinners between town meals. So, by process of elimination, I should be able to cold soak a few dinners and achieve all the above. ( I’m trying my best to convince myself to do this!).

That said, I’m really asking for guidance in exactly what constitutes a good rotation of dinners. I don’t have a dehydrator, and I’m not vegetarian, but somewhere between Spam packets & couscous should be something I can handle. I appreciate any help with my menu choices. Thanks.