WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fanny Packs

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Much like Miner, I use a fanny pack to house my DSLR camera. The difference may be I attach my fanny pack to my backpack so the bag can hang on my left side, easily reached with the left hand. The fanny pack is deep enough I can keep it open to make getting the camera out faster without losing it and zip it up against weather or wet brush, etc. Though it is attached to the backpack, I can quickly remove it and strap it on for a side trip or two.
    I too got my Thrupack fanny pack to use with my camera. But I recently upgraded from a Point and Shoot to a mirrorless with Zoom (Fujifilm XE3/18-55mm) that doesn't quite fit in my fanny pack. I'm thinking of getting the new 27 mm pancake prime as a more compact option for hiking. I like the zoom, but still want something easier to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    I too got my Thrupack fanny pack to use with my camera. But I recently upgraded from a Point and Shoot to a mirrorless with Zoom (Fujifilm XE3/18-55mm) that doesn't quite fit in my fanny pack. I'm thinking of getting the new 27 mm pancake prime as a more compact option for hiking. I like the zoom, but still want something easier to carry.
    I'm using a Panasonic micro 4/3 camera with their 14-140mm zoom lens attached. I often bring another smaller fast prime lens for low light and night shooting, but that is usually stored inside my pack until I want to use it. As I mentioned I use Thrupacker's 2L Brick made into a fanny pack (via their thrupack builder webpage), the dimensions are: 6.25” x 3.5” x 6”. As I chose the removable belt option, I sometimes mount it by sliding it onto the sternum strap on the chest instead of using it around the waist. I found that most pre-made fanny packs out there don't work for larger cameras.

Mine also has a removable strap. Never thought of using the sternum strap. With the pancake prime, me me is almost pocketable. The FF has an APSC lens, so still reasonably compact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++