I have been a rain jacket and suck it up year round hiker. No matter the season, I begrudgingly put on my soon to be sweated out rain garment and keep on. Typically moments after putting it on I begin to feel the creep. The creep on sweat and moisture in the arms of the jacket. I also feet all of that rain that I am protecting my torso from, running down the back between my body and my pack and soaking up in the back of my britches. I hear the swashing of the hood which is completely handicapping me from seeing my surroundings, masking the sounds and has me in blinders. Indefinitely, I am still wet, and I have now gone into sensory overload from this terrible trash bag feeling. So here is my new trial as we have spoken about in another thread: I am embracing the poncho for the first time ever. I have literally NEVER put a poncho on once in my life. I have picked up the frogg togg poncho which proves itself to fit over a small pack, and as I mentioned over there its 10 bucks. I will couple this with a gossamer gear umbrella for head and shoulders. I will begin testing this immediately and will use it for 3 seasons, sticking to goretex pants and jacket/ boots for winter. I have high hopes for a breathable, airy protective alternative to the nightmarish sweatbag jacket...I will update as testing allows!