WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default BRS Gas Stove from Aliexpress VS Camping Stove Bleuet from Decathlon - Full Test

BRS Gas Stove from Aliexpress VS Camping Stove Bleuet from Decathlon - Full Test and Comparison

Watch the full video here:

In this video we are going to compare two different gas stove systems. One would be our old compact camping stove Bleuet from Decathlon store we’ve used for the last couple of years and the other is our brand new BRS gas stove from Aliexpress store that we discovered just recently. We think it is going to be quite an epic comparison because of how different they are and we hope it will be useful for some of you in a search for a new gas stove exploring different options.

What gas stove do you like to use?

Journal Entries

I have both of those stoves. The Campinggaz I bought 30 years ago and still have 2 canisters for it. I've used it for car camping quite recently. I think I saw Campng Gaz fuel about 8 years ago, didn't buy it, but it was amazing to see it's still available. The problem I had with it was the Camping gaz blend burns hot at first with a new canister but quickly cools off, so boil times extend what seems exponentially. When I was using them 30 years ago I would use the first 1/2 of the canister for cooking the last 1/2 for a lantern (which I also still have), as it was crap for cooking any more, and those were the days before LED headlamps and carrying a lantern was pretty standard for backpacking trips.

the BRS was tiny, light, and inexpensive, but IIRC it only lasted a couple years for me. And it wasn't the only stove I used during that time either. I also used alcohol and propane on different trips in that time period. All told I might have gotten a couple dozen uses out of the BRS stove.

If you're unsure if isobutane canisters are the type of stove for you, it's an inexpensive way to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Zone View Post
    the BRS was tiny, light, and inexpensive, but IIRC it only lasted a couple years for me. And it wasn't the only stove I used during that time either. I also used alcohol and propane on different trips in that time period. All told I might have gotten a couple dozen uses out of the BRS stove.

If you're unsure if isobutane canisters are the type of stove for you, it's an inexpensive way to find out.
    The Fire Maple FMS-300T is a good alternative to the BRS. It weighs and costs more but has brass thread insert, better valve and pot support arms.
    Last edited by cmoulder; 04-26-2021 at 15:08.

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    The Fire Maple FMS-300T is a good option for the BRS. It weighs and costs more but has brass thread insert, better valve and pot support arms.
    That looks interesting and quite similar indeed.

a friend had the older bluets when it pieced the canister so you couldnt take the stove off the canister. the newer bluets with lindal valves were an improvement but the competition stoves made the bluets boat anchors alond with the old coleman butane bombs.

propane, not butane. oops

why no edit feature? ugh

Quote Originally Posted by camper10469 View Post
    why no edit feature? ugh
    Apparently you’re not a paying member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Images

I still have my old camping gaz with a couple of unused canisters. I always say I am going to break it out, but it's a one and done with the old style valve.
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

++ New Posts ++