So, on a very rainy and windy day coming down Mt Albert down south, I took a fall. A roll and half twist slamming right foot down hard. Since it was 38F, my primary concern was whether my rain gear was damaged (no). At first, my right ankle was just a little sore. The next day, I was limping a little bit but did a big day from Wind Stair to just before the Shelter short of the NOC. The next day was down then up that long climb and down. It started to hurt and I was definately a bit slow. I took it relatively easy the next two days. I got a hotel room. Two days rest and it was worse. What? I got off trail, regrettably. But probably the right thing?? A walk in place did an x-ray and she said nothing is broken, probably just a contusion inside the bone, whatever that means. It only hurts if I put weight on the heel. I can walk tippy toed without pain. I was thinking of going back onto trail next week but something says to get another opinion cuz it still hurts and besides, I can return even in the Summer.

I have been riding my exercise bike to keep fit and no problems, otherwise, I am on the couch per the original Doc (actually a PA).

I got an appointment with a real foot Doc. I hope he doesn't put a boot on me. I have had many sprained ankles in the past, this is not a sprain. It feels fine, except if I put weight on the heel like a normal walking gate.

Any I being too cautious? Anybody ever get something like this? I really miss the trail

(to answer the question how I fell. My left arm sometimes goes useless. So, I was hiking down a moderate slope only using right pole. The trail was a freakin river. My left foot hit mud and I was skiing downslope. I went with it until I hooked and edge so to speak and did an Endo. I probably should have laid it down right at the beginning but I assumed rocks would hurt the hip and I have arthritis in that one)