Default No-Stretch Sports Bra

I know that there are a lot of threads about sports bras out there, but none of the ones I have seen seem to face the particular problem I do. I love sports bras and obviously hope to where one on the trail. However, much to my dismay, I'm pretty busty. I've tried several brands of bras, but I always face the same problem. As I wear them throughout the day, sometimes they last two, the fabric stretches out until there is absolutely no support and they're pretty much useless. Has anyone faced a similar problem and can help me out by recommending a brand that's going to keep supporting me for 4+ days before I get to wash it? Thanks for any help!
    Oh, to see the world, to live a life, to meet new people, and end my strife.

Best sports bra I've ever owned is the Enell from Breakout Bras. Google: www.breakoutbras I've got the same issue and I promise, if you order the right size...pay attention to how they tell you to measure...you will be happy with the bra. Expensive but if you don't dry in dryer...it will last a long time.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

In case anyone has read this thread and was wondering about the same thing, I've found one! Ladyofthewoods had a great suggestion, but those bras were a little pricey. I found a Target Champion brand one that's almost like a hybrid between sports bras and regular, with the comfort of a spots bra but the support of cups and adjustable straps that come with regular. It's reasonably priced at around $20.00 and really has been working great for me! I plan to take it on my mission trip in a couple of weeks, and the conditions concerning washing clothes should be pretty similar to what they would on the AT.

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=h...erformance+bra

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn A. View Post
    In case anyone has read this thread and was wondering about the same thing, I've found one! Ladyofthewoods had a great suggestion, but those bras were a little pricey. I found a Target Champion brand one that's almost like a hybrid between sports bras and regular, with the comfort of a spots bra but the support of cups and adjustable straps that come with regular. It's reasonably priced at around $20.00 and really has been working great for me! I plan to take it on my mission trip in a couple of weeks, and the conditions concerning washing clothes should be pretty similar to what they would on the AT.

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=h...erformance+bra
    I've had no success finding a sports bra that will promote better ventilation and separation. I dislike the uni-boob effect. This bra appears to be better at support and separation - but it's hard to judge, because of course the model is smaller than me. Since you've used it, Autumn, what is your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    I've had no success finding a sports bra that will promote better ventilation and separation. I dislike the uni-boob effect. This bra appears to be better at support and separation - but it's hard to judge, because of course the model is smaller than me. Since you've used it, Autumn, what is your opinion?
    The separation isn't as good as you'd get with a regular bra, but I think it's safe to say that's impossible with sports bras. It does a much better job than any other sports bra I've seen, though, and really doesn't look all that different under a shirt than a normal bra would (maybe slightly less definition), plus it's really comfortable. The support is great! I get the comfort of a padded sports bra, but it doesn't stretch out like others so it continues to stay supportive. Unfortunately, I really needed a 34 which is nearly impossible to find because nobody manufactures a 34 for my size, but even with a 36 it's doing a great job. It's got a hooked back (which is awesome instead of trying to wrestle out of a wet one) and adjustable straps which I really enjoyed. I've had great success with it and I absolutely love it. It's definitely the best bra I've found, so I'd totally recommend it!

Journal Entries

Thanks, Autumn. I guess I'm going shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    Thanks, Autumn. I guess I'm going shopping!
    No problem! Let me know how everything works out for you!

I wear the Champion Wms Powerback underwire sports bra...usually buy from Amazon, but have also found it at Academy Sports. Pricey at AS, but can buy it much cheaper at Amazon. For me, it is hands down the best sports bra I have ever owned. I wear a size 34DDD normally, but use this brand's DD version with no problems. Girls are "lifted and separated" very well - no "uniboob". This is the only sports bra that I have ever been able to comfortably use while running.
    I routinely wear it for several days in a row while backpacking, with no noticeable sag. It does have an underwire, which I know is uncomfortable for some women; however, underwire has always provided the best support for my chest, and I do not experience any "jabs" from the wire in this make at all. The straps have some room for adjustment - but not a great deal - maybe 2" of play.

The only other issue to consider is that you have to put on/take off this bra over your head - the 3 hook back closure does not open fully - just opens/closes for final adjustments. That feature adds to the high-impact support function of the bra, but does take some getting used to. However, I was able to take the bra off (over my head), after breaking my shoulder while wearing it mountain climbing - so it's doable!

http://amzn.com/B000OWC1J2

I love USA Pro poly sports bras. They are not padded, no zipper either. Very comfortable. Even though I'm down to C cup now. I used to be E cup and they held perfectly. Nowadays I use the seamless, unpadded sports bras from decathlon too, because I'm smaller.

Here is a list of the best sports bra

The victoria's secrets front zippered ones work best for me. I get them when on sale.

Go Bra-less! Don't laugh ladies. There is a new support bra that is a simple sticker. It provides a lot of support by using your breast to support itself.

++ New Posts ++