WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ghost whisperer fit

I just received my new Mountain Hardware Ghost Whisperer hooded jacket for our LASH next year. (I’m super excited!)
    My husband will need one as well. He tried my women’s Ghost Whisperer on so that I could get some ballpark idea of what size to get him. He consistently has issues with fit in jackets through his armpits (too tight). He is having the same issue with this jacket (in a women’s size). Do any of you guys have this jacket as well that could tell me if this is a frequent issue with this specific jacket or if it is simply due to being a women cut jacket?
    TYIA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

I'm 5'11", 180lbs, slim build, 44" chest. I have a Ghost Whisperer, size XL. It's too tight in the pits! I can barely wear it with a LS shirt & thin fleece. Bought it in a consignment store.

Other than that, it's great, very warm, light packable. I'd order 1-2 sizes up, and either get it in a store where you can try it on, or someplace like REI with a good return policy.

I have the GW and have not found this to be an issue. I am 6 2 190lbs and have an XL.
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

He’s 5’9” and around 165# with a 40” chest. We are thinking a large which would be a size up when looking at the size chart. Fingers crossed.

Journal Entries
    Images

Squirrel I am his height and size my mens is a medium that large should fit him. When I was at tog one year I bought a womens large Baselayer and it fit ..they were out of mens and I needed another warmer layer.
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

Thanks Hobbs and everyone else. I appreciate the input!

I normally wear an XL jacket/puffy - but - the Ghost Whisperer w/ hood that I have, the XL was noticeably To Tight at the armpits, and I had to go with the XXL. It's a little baggy in the stomach area, but that has not ever caused me any issues at all, and I love the jacket/puffy.

Some might say I am "athletic". For reference, I'm 6'1", a bit over 200 lbs, 31-ish waist, and 48-ish inch chest..

I've never tried on a womens Ghost Whisperer, so can't comment on the fit there.

willin'

++ New Posts ++