WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
    Hey retard let me explain something I wasnt posting to you and He asked a question . What part avoid dont you understand? Need me to put it in other languages?
    Clearly there's some confusion here.

No one has asked a question about an Ursack/Allmitey. The discussion is about odor resistant food storage bags.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    Clearly there's some confusion here.

No one has asked a question about an Ursack/Allmitey. The discussion is about odor resistant food storage bags.
    Caleb I would say I owe you an apology. I am the retard. I was answering Mainacs 64 he asked me a question and I came from FB arguing with UL over opsaks and ursaks. I use an opsak for litter...Yet I met a sobo that used his through the smokeys and had no problem with Bears..Ive also seen people try and test them with can of cat food in them hung on trees to prove or disprove they work.To be honest it does some good but not neerly what people would like or think..
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

All good.

For what it's worth, I've seen an Ursack destroyed first hand on a trip to Mt Mitchell a few years ago. May have been user error, but it certainly didn't encourage me to buy one.

The Opsack seems like a good idea to reduce the number of animals likely to seek your food out. But I have no personal experience there.

Early in this thread the use of oven bags was mentioned and pretty much dismissed as a hassle given the lack of closure. However I see that self adhesive closures are commonly available on oven bags. So before I go buy and try(air fryer user, so no real home use for the bags), does any one know if the self adhesive bags seal up tightly or are they designed to prevent air tight closing so as to provide venting for cooking?
    To me it seems figuring out an air tight seal would make them perfect for hiking purposes, I know they do an amazing job containing odors that defeat glass jars etc.

I can't help but ask this question,if one were using a bear vault would you use any sort of odor proof liner in it other than for storage of your litter which you obviously don't want mixed in with your food?I'm thinking about using mine sometime as it makes a water,rodent,bear proof container and a pretty good stool.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
    Caleb I would say I owe you an apology. I am the retard. I was answering Mainacs 64 he asked me a question and I came from FB arguing with UL over opsaks and ursaks. I use an opsak for litter...Yet I met a sobo that used his through the smokeys and had no problem with Bears..Ive also seen people try and test them with can of cat food in them hung on trees to prove or disprove they work.To be honest it does some good but not neerly what people would like or think..
    Thanks for clearing this up amongst yourselves. If you could refrain from using the word retard it would be appreciated because it's considered a slur. It mocks people who through no fault of their own have been born with intellectual and sometimes physical disabilities. Numbnut is a somewhat reasonable alternative but try not to go overboard if you please.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    Thanks for clearing this up amongst yourselves. If you could refrain from using the word retard it would be appreciated because it's considered a slur. It mocks people who through no fault of their own have been born with intellectual and sometimes physical disabilities. Numbnut is a somewhat reasonable alternative but try not to go overboard if you please.
    Actually Ill just avoid any outburst just keep it to myself...And its my own fault I had the issues of opsaks and Ursaks on my mine from FB .
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    I can't help but ask this question,if one were using a bear vault would you use any sort of odor proof liner in it other than for storage of your litter which you obviously don't want mixed in with your food?I'm thinking about using mine sometime as it makes a water,rodent,bear proof container and a pretty good stool.
    Yes but I never see anyone use an opsak in it just cheap Feezer bags for trash. But you make a great point on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++