WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Laurie herself says she is retiring so I fixed it. I also added her announcement to the OP, which I encourage everyone to read. Having only briefly met Laurie while purchasing some Christmas ornaments, I learned a lot about her career at the ATC from it. (Not that I am unaware of who LaurieP is ) I have always appreciated Laurie's posts here at WB and I admire the skill with which she has handled being a spokesperson for the ATC. Over the years, she has had to navigate a variety of contentious issues and she has always done so tactfully and gracefully. Thank you for your tireless efforts in service to the AT community! Maybe a long hike in your future?

Did not know you were a sawyer too, good job having the requisite PPE for the pic!
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Thanks for everything, Laurie! As I recall, you went out of your way to get me info on parking at Penmar a few years back for a four state challenge. I really appreciated that.

What a career! Thanks for all you've done, and I hope you have a wonderful retirement!!

Images

This is a real loss for the ATC. Laurie is an outstanding person, a true ambassador for the trail and a great connection and resource for hikers. Best of luck to her and her husband in their future endeavors. Hope to see you on the trail sometime Laurie!

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    ...I admire the skill with which she has handled being a spokesperson for the ATC. Over the years, she has had to navigate a variety of contentious issues and she has always done so tactfully and gracefully.
    Well said. Absolutely.
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++