WhiteBlaze Pages
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
$10 for printed copy(paperback). $6 for interactive PDF. $2 for printable PDF.
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by garlic08 View Post
    I always wear light nylon trousers, light nylon long sleeve shirt, wide-brim hat. I keep covered up from sun, insects, poison plants. In my pack is homemade silnylon raingear, about 3 oz for the anorak, 4 oz for the pants. Warmer layers include a Hot Chillies jersey, a Marmot Driclime jacket, a Marmot down vest for winter. The only extras I have are boxer briefs and socks.
    Me too (keeping covered up, that is). Don't like convertible pants or shorts. These days I am liking Duluth Trading Company Dry on the Fly pants. I prefer a wool blend t-shirt over nylon to help keep stink under control. I have a nylon OR wide brimmed hat. Will also take a buff (best UL multi-use garment there is). For cold layers I just have a generic fleece and rain jacket. Not really set up for 3-season hikes right now. I need a puffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    Hot-Plain navy, black, or tan bathing suit with the liner cut out. Muscle tee gym shirt. Bandana to keep the sweat out of my eyes.
    Warm-shorts-see hot. Regular gym tee shirt. Bandana.
    Cool-shorts, see hot or maybe a regular pair of hiking shorts. Synthetic underwear and maybe a long sleeve gym shirt or lightweight polypro type thermal top. Bandana.
    Cold-Maybe some pants and the long sleeve. Fleece bandana. Wind shirt if hiking into the evening or the weather is squirrely.

Most of the above is from Wal-mart, and often from the discount rack. Full brim sunhat until it's cold, but I don't hike in it. I did get it from Wal-mart though.
    I'm with Alligator on this one. Over the years I've found no value in the expensive base layers. I've done the best with cheapo clearance items for shirts and shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolshed View Post
    Bottoms:
    …For underwear, I now wear Ex-Officio Women's Bikini Brief as recommended by several other male forum members over the years. they cannot be bet for durability, fit, comfort weight and ease of washing and drying.
    Hmm. Can’t be beat for fit? But males need room in their underwear for their, well you know, junk. How does that work with women’s bikini briefs? Are they extra stretchy in that area perhaps? Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "In proportion as [man] ...simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." – Thoreau

Do you need stretchy or extra stretchy?
    "Whoever said nothing is impossible has never tried to nail jelly to a tree." John Candy

Depends on the temperature

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++