WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Post Help with Mail drops ME/NH LASH

Trying to plan for a SOBO LASH from Katahdin to Hanover, NH... I am accustomed to using mail drops and wanted to share my plans in hopes of receiving some feedback. Planning on driving to Shaws and leaving my vehicle there with my first resupply inside... won't need to mail anything to Shaw's, however I've listed them first. My hiking buddy will take my vehicle home to PA and leave me solo.

LOCATION SOBO MILEAGE DISTANCE
    Shaw's 114.5
    Terrapin Hostel 168.7 54.2
    Hiker Hut 220.2 51.5
    Rattle River or The Barn 298 78
    Teri's (Priv Res?) or Mt Liberty Lodgeing 373 78

Rangeley to Rattle river is an exceptionally difficult section of trail. You will want to stop at Andover to freshen up your food supply.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

I agree with slo-go'en on the need for a stop between rangley and rattle river. Thats a long stretch and some rough trail.

Have Shaws do a food drop for you, and you really don't need a resupply box sent there. Poet has an excellent gear shop, and there's a great general store. Plan on taking a sandwich and some cookies with you when you head south out of Monson.

I like you're using hostels instead of PO's.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

++ New Posts ++