WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Senior Hiking/Backpacking Partner(s)

Looking for Senior Backpacking partner(s). I have been backpacking since I retired, but mostly alone and in a Georgia state park where I felt comfortable and could get help fairly quickly, if necessary. Now I want to branch out some and since Covid is on the decline I want to hike with some fellow seniors and have more fun. Sooooo, calling all Southeastern hikers who would consider joining up once a month or so and doing some overnight backpacking/camping. Can be just one or a group of us (male or female) who enjoy the outdoors and can do a few miles with a pack on your back. We can pick different locations in the SE so there won’t always be a lot of travel. Kind of like home games and road games in sports. This can be done during the week so it is less crowded and one night, two nights or whatever we decide. I just want to see if we can get something going because frankly, I don’t know how many more hikes I have left. Trust me when I tell you I am strictly an amateur here. I am not some big mile cruncher you see on YouTube. I am old and slow but I get there. I am just looking to make some new friends and have more fun in the woods. Let me know if there is any interest or if you know of a group like this, point me in that direction. Thank you.

Images

This would be my wifes' question.. are you male or female?

Quote Originally Posted by ncmtns View Post
    This would be my wifes' question.. are you male or female?
    Sorry for not mentioning it, Male

I just logged onto whiteblaze and saw your post. I am in same position and am interested if you still are let me know

I'm assuming you live in Georgia. I live in Virginia. I am almost finished with the at in Virginia and I'm planning on going to North Carolina next. I would be interested in a hiking partner for section hiking. I usually can only go out twice a year for about 4 to 5 days.

Images

You might also try joining a group such as this one https://www.meetup.com/Backpacking-A...s-Take-A-Hike/ in the Atlanta area. If you read some of their posts on past hikes they seem to do some low mile overnights and such. I've never met up with hikers on meetup.com, but have met some tennis players who are now regulars/friends this way. Good way to meet new local friends with common interests. Check to see if there's a Facebook group as well.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Images

Default Senior Hiking/Backpacking Partner(s)

looking to finish south of va.
    wolf

Quote Originally Posted by rerun5214 View Post
    Looking for Senior Backpacking partner(s). calling all Southeastern hikers who would consider joining up once a month or so and doing some overnight backpacking/camping.
    Rerun, did you ever get anything going in this regard? I live in Huntsville AL about 4 hrs drive from the AT in GA, would be interested in a semi-regular, "just for fun" backpacking group - once it cools off!
    Mapman

++ New Posts ++