WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Guthook & northern PA route calculation

Hello everyone - I already reached out to the Guthook app folks and waiting on a response, but curious if anyone else is having this issue. I’m trying to calculate a route from Port Clinton PA to the Delaware Water Gap, and Guthook is doing some weird things. It’s doing the same thing on my iPad and iPhone.

It calculates part of the route correctly, and then goes “direct to” the end and sometimes even goes from midway direct to the end and then picks up the trail. I’ve attempted various smaller sections and keep getting similar results. There seems to be some sort of glitch in my PA files that prevents it from calculating a route along the AT. Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never tried Guthook in such a manor, but if your looking for total distance, My WhteBlaze Pages guide book shows the mileage as 76 miles, quite a bit less then what your seeing. Guthook also shows the correct mileage waypoints, Port Clinton at 1220 and DWG at 1296.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Can you do me a favor and see if it does the same thing for you? I’ve never run into this problem before. I’ve been playing around a little more and it seems that it can’t calculate the AT where it goes over the roar tunnel a couple miles S of Palmerton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had something similar happen a few years ago (on an Android.) I un-installed & then re-installed the app... that cleared it up.
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

++ New Posts ++