WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Labor Day weekend Atkins to Bland

Any shuttle recommendations for Friday afternoon Bland to Atkins?

Also, if anyone is interested in joining me for this hike, I'm open to company. Starting Friday afternoon, ending Monday....49 miles. Long day of 17 on Saturday if I stick to the plan. Tent camping...maybe on shelter on Saturday. Reply here or message! Be well!

Robbie at Lickskillet hostel can run shuttles. Ram Bunny in Atkins has run shuttles in the past, but I don't know her status this year.

I did that section a year ago. It was harder than expected, partly because of old fields open to hot summer sun mixed with summertime humidity. Some good climbs, like Chestnut Mountain (on day two for you) but it was Day 3 (the rock gardens on Garden Mountain) that was a slog. But I enjoyed the section

The footbridge at Lick Creek was out last year. Don't know if it has been repaired. Right now forecast for Hurricane Ida remnants to drop a lot of rain in Tenn, KY, West VA, western VA. Keep an eye on that.

RamBunny shuttled me in late May from Atkins. Doing this exact section last weekend of September (Bland to Atkins). Give a report when you're done man! Water looked scarce on Day 1 sobo from Bland per awol guide. Assume Ida will change that.

May wanna try bubba or don raines. I know skip and linda were my shuttlers around atkins but Skip has passed away several years ago now.
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Trip report?

++ New Posts ++