WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Unless of course you're the poop!

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    Converted into Gator poop. Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!
    Unless you're the poo of course: , )

OK...sorry...after 20 years of watching Law & Order I should know better!

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by gpburdelljr View Post
    I didn’t know Alabama bordered Mexico.
    The southern border of Alabama is the northern border of the Florida panhandle. You can take Rt 10 (?) all the way to Texas and not cross into Alabama.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

They should hire Matt Moneymaker and Bobo, they have been pretty successful at finding Bigfoot.
    " 6 bucks and my left nut says we're not going to be landing in Chicago" Del Griffith

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    The southern border of Alabama is the northern border of the Florida panhandle. You can take Rt 10 (?) all the way to Texas and not cross into Alabama.
    The people on Mobile AL would beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    I didn’t know Alabama bordered Mexico.
    False. Check your Map. You spend more than an hour in Alabama on I 10 crossing from FL to MS.

Images

its called a child bearing person hunt.

Is Alabama still a State? I thought they changed that a few years ago.
    " 6 bucks and my left nut says we're not going to be landing in Chicago" Del Griffith

Quote Originally Posted by Majortrauma View Post
    As expected, another WB thread turned into a contest to see who can deliver the snarkiest, obnoxious, irrelevant comment.
    I don’t know why this thread even exists on a hiking forum. The speculation that he might ​be on the AT is a tenuous reason to post here.

I don’t know why this thread even exists on a hiking forum. The speculation that he might ​be on the AT is a tenuous reason to post here.
    Agreed. HIGHLY unlikely he's on the AT. Especially now as we proceed into fall, and so many people looking at fall foliage, way too great of a chance to be spotted.
    The Mod shold delete this thread. It serves absolutely no useful purpose to the public or the backpacking community.

This AM I heard that Dog the Bounty hunter is on an island somewhere hunting this guy down...

Quote Originally Posted by Majortrauma View Post
    Agreed. HIGHLY unlikely he's on the AT. Especially now as we proceed into fall, and so many people looking at fall foliage, way too great of a chance to be spotted.
    The Mod shold delete this thread. It serves absolutely no useful purpose to the public or the backpacking community.
    Threads like these provide fiber for my diet.

Kidding aside, it is pretty tenuous that he is on the AT but there was a report he may have spent time on the AT. Wouldn't be the first time a fugitive hid out on the AT.

Users can put the thread on ignore if they don't find the thread interesting. Alas I have to read it due to my dietary requirements.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by pesphoto View Post
    This AM I heard that Dog the Bounty hunter is on an island somewhere hunting this guy down...
    Yeah, the most dangerous place for a fugitive is in between Dog and a TV camera.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer1 View Post
    its called a child bearing person hunt.
    I'll take words that rhyme for $1000, Alex (RIP).
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

I think every little bit of attention to this case is a good thing.
    He might be just off the AT somewhere hiding. He might just be off on a another trail somewhere.
    I'm hoping he's DOG Meat!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    I'll take words that rhyme for $1000, Alex (RIP).
    Haha , took me a minute . Answer is CH ?

Registered User PecosBackpacker's Avatar
    Images

Whether or not he may or may not be on the AT, stay vigilant. Don't approach anyone that might fit his description. Assume he is armed and dangerous, and report what you saw to FBI or local LEO as soon as you can.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by PecosBackpacker View Post
    Whether or not he may or may not be on the AT, stay vigilant. Don't approach anyone that might fit his description. Assume he is armed and dangerous, and report what you saw to FBI or local LEO as soon as you can.
    Description: White male, 20s, med height, weight, and build, possibly wearing a mask, possibly with facial hair, possibly wearing baseball cap, possibly on AT carrying a backpack. May look like every other young guy you see hiking on the AT - or shopping in Wal-Mart. /s

On a serious note, the guy is pretty ordinary looking. I probably see several young guys every day that might fit his description. I can't call the cops on all of them. Lots of people are still wearing masks. It's pretty hard to ID somebody wearing a mask and ball cap. Unless he makes a stupid mistake or turns himself in, he's going to be very hard to identify and apprehend from looks alone, especially if he's changed his appearance a bit. I'll bet the police and FBI are swamped with calls of possible sightings from every corner of the country. Reports are that he's in Florida - or Alabama - or North Carolina - or Mexico - or Canada - or the Bahamas - or hiking the AT - or ???. He hasn't been seen (by his parents) since Sept. 14th, over two weeks ago. Police started searching the swamp on the 18th, which seems to be a dead end. He was home for quite a while before disappearing, long enough to put together a plan, some cash, prepaid debit cards, a burner phone, maybe even a car. Who knows? He looks like thousands of other young guys, got a huge head start, and could be anywhere by now. He doesn't seem stupid. I doubt he'd return to a place he's previously been associated with, like the AT, even though it's familiar - it's too small a world so to speak, and people would be on the lookout for him there. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think his trail is pretty cold at this point.
    Last edited by 4eyedbuzzard; 10-01-2021 at 11:12.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++