WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

I don't know if it was provided in any of the links and I've not seen it on the news, but he apparently spent $1,000 on Gabbys credit card. What did he buy with the $1,000 ?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    I don't know if it was provided in any of the links and I've not seen it on the news, but he apparently spent $1,000 on Gabbys credit card. What did he buy with the $1,000 ?
    He may very well have just taken out cash and not bought much of anything, although there was a report of one transaction at a gas station in IL. According to reports, he, without authorization, used someone else's (party not named - Gabby's, her as an authorized user of perhaps parent's accounts, ???) DEBIT card and PIN (not CREDIT card), between Aug 30 and Sept 1 - three days. Meaning he had access to those (bank) accounts. The feds say he accessed the card and two accounts and incurred charges of $1000 OR MORE (>$1000 violates 15 U.S. Code § 1644, the charge he is wanted on). Meaning he could have withdrawn a significant amount of cash at ATMs (up to transaction and daily limits - Cap1 ATM cash limit is 1K per day and he used it three days). Other things he might have done include using Zelle or Venmo or other apps to transfer funds to his account(s) - and then withdrawing that cash. So he could have a pretty substantial amount of cash given various transaction limits and time span involved.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

If the witnesses who have seen him so far, did in fact see the right guy, I don't see how he can escape capture much further. He seems to be falling to pieces and the consensus is that he has behaved strangely at some point in each interaction. He's seemingly smart enough to lay low and take back roads, but at the same time thinks his girlfriend is waiting for him in CA and thinks Waterville Rd will get him there? I don't know. Maybe the witnesses are misidentifying him, maybe he's playing some sort of game to sidetrack law enforcement, maybe he's as good as they say at survival, maybe he's just gotten really lucky so far, maybe he's already dead. There are so many maybes. I just hope this ends with some sort of resolution.

Also, I get that he's an average looking guy at first glance, but I think most anyone who looks at the news regularly would know this guy in a handful of seconds...with a mask and hat on. Perhaps law enforcement could photoshop various disguises on him to help the public with identification.

The witness on Waterville Rd said he was in a white pickup truck, was not sure of the make[he said something like a F150 or...] and no license plate number. With no more than this to go on, he could be anywhere by now. Maybe they have more that they are not telling us.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieO View Post
    Also, I get that he's an average looking guy at first glance, but I think most anyone who looks at the news regularly would know this guy in a handful of seconds...with a mask and hat on. Perhaps law enforcement could photoshop various disguises on him to help the public with identification.
    I think he's very recognizable. He has a face that you just want to smack. It's hard not to notice someone like that.
    It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JPritch View Post
    I think he's very recognizable. He has a face that you just want to smack. It's hard not to notice someone like that.
    Agreed, but only after his parents.

From reading about this case, it seems like only a matter of time before this guy is apprehended. He wants to go to California on the backroads avoiding I40 but doesn't know how to get there ... just a bizarre story. Hope he's caught and doesn't get away with an insanity defense which he could be laying the groundwork for.

That is, IF the guy in the truck is this guy and not someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by JPritch View Post
    hehehe thats good, but are you talking about the fugitive or Dog the Bounty Hunter?

How many shaved headed white guys with scruffy facial hair driving white pick-ups are there in that area? I think that law enforcement would have found him by now if he was running around in the same vehicle that man reported on. However, he could be holed up down some logging road or FS road camping out. Someone asked where did the truck come from? Someone replied the same place the white van came from, but if he bought it at the same car lot then they would have reported that. Or maybe the answer was sarcasm, it is an interesting question. Maybe his parents or family member had it and loaned it to him, maybe he stole it. Could have done a cash sale somewhere along the way. But I dont think he walked from Florida to NC. Interesting story to follow though. I wonder if there is a reward out on him? I think its black powder season in that area right now, hope he as some orange something.
    " 6 bucks and my left nut says we're not going to be landing in Chicago" Del Griffith

I think it's a disinformation campaign by the police to keep promoting this to give the scumbag a sense of security wherever he really is so he will make a mistake and get caught.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Quote Originally Posted by slowdive View Post
    ... I wonder if there is a reward out on him? I think its black powder season in that area right now, hope he as some orange something.
    I knew the reward money has been increasing, to a substantial amount. I found this on TMZ; they were reporting that "Dog" has added $10,000 to the reward pot: "Prior to Dog's donation, the reward money sat at $170,000 -- much of that was donated by private individuals supporting the Petito family."

I think we should have a man hunt of the entire AT. After all if it were my daughter murdered i'd want that.

Guess where he is.....

Exactly. Now stop guessing.
    matthewski

Don't tell me what to do!

Default Manhunt for Brian Laundrie; some think he could be in Appalachians

Well I haven't seen him anywhere in Yosemite yet, but it's kind of a big place, I suppose his truck could have made it. He did say he was trying to get to California.
    " 6 bucks and my left nut says we're not going to be landing in Chicago" Del Griffith

Quote Originally Posted by slowdive View Post
    Well I haven't seen him anywhere in Yosemite yet, but it's kind of a big place, I suppose his truck could have made it. He did say he was trying to get to California.
    Hey keep looking!
    $170,000 ain't no chump change!

Journal Entries
    Images

In this interesting day & age of folks driving around alone with face masks on & walking into banks with face masks on, I would think it could be fairly easy to hide out for a long time
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Images

Quote Originally Posted by wornoutboots View Post
    In this interesting day & age of folks driving around alone with face masks on & walking into banks with face masks on, I would think it could be fairly easy to hide out for a long time
    Yeah, I agree. Other than the tats on the right hand, which could be hidden with makeup, elastic bandage, glove, etc., he's just not that unique in appearance compared to a lot of other young guys. Put a mask and a hat on him and you'd have trouble picking him out in public and positively identifying him. He could have already changed his appearance somewhat as well - facial hair, eyebrows, head hair, could be wearing glasses, etc. If he wants to get away, blend in, and hide in plain sight, he's not going to be as easy to find as a lot of people think. He's apparently got some cash, a good head start, and has had several weeks to alter his appearance. Plus, those searching don't exactly seem very sure of the places they're looking for him. The local Po-Po and FBI were in the swamp, then not, now they're back again. Dog is in the campground looking for him - or a trailer for a new reality show. He's been reported in multiple places all across and even out of the country. So far, the authorities have nothing.

Tats on right hand
    BL tats.jpg

With beard
    Brian with beard.jpg

Without beard
    Brian no beard.jpg
    Last edited by 4eyedbuzzard; 10-07-2021 at 12:45.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

he may fancy himself living along the AT, changing his appearance and trying to mix in with other hikers

how many times have you encountered a "duffle-bag" hiker on the AT ? the drifter who wanders the trail and lives in AT shelters bumming food or money off AT hikers.

hope this Laundrie character doesn't turn into another Gary Gilmore, a psycho drifter who looked for victims along the AT and trails in the national forests. Gary Gilmore murdered Meredith Emerson on Blood Mountain on New Years Day 2008. He's on death row in Florida for murdering another woman in Apalachicola National Forest.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/gary-hilton

[QUOTE=4eyedbuzzard;2290063] So far, the authorities have nothing. QUOTE]

That is a pretty bold statement. Maybe they have "something" that they are not telling the rest of us. Who knows?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
++ New Posts ++