WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

So the guy that was 100% sure he saw Brian Laundrie in a white pickup near the Appalachian trail was 100% wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    I'd take your bet but it wouldn't be fair. FBI matched his dental records.
    I just found an article to that effect that posted about 30 minutes after my post. I say "good riddance" if he indeed killed Gabby. But I do feel for the parents of Gabby and Brian. There's no loss like the loss of a child.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Dog the bounty hunter said he's stopping his search now that the remains have been found!? That would probably be a good idea I guess his 5 minutes of fame are up.
    Now he can get back to his honeymoon with his 6th wife.

Is it raining yet?
    Images

You in turn would be 100% correct.
    Be Prepared

Is it raining yet?
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gpburdelljr View Post
    So the guy that was 100% sure he saw Brian Laundrie in a white pickup near the Appalachian trail was 100% wrong.
    You in turn would be 100% correct.
    Be Prepared

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    Dog the bounty hunter said he's stopping his search now that the remains have been found!? That would probably be a good idea I guess his 5 minutes of fame are up.
    Now he can get back to his honeymoon with his 6th wife.
    Haha.. that guy is a buffoon!
    giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by gpburdelljr View Post
    I hope not too many resources were wasted on chasing down that "lead". I wonder if that person's relatives consider hima fabulist. The story struck me as wildly implausible. A nationally-known and recognized "person of interest" apparently on the run, and they stop and ask for directions to "California" (anywhere specific??!!) while volunteering info that they had a fight with a gf. Oh, and he looked just like him. Definitely.

Those of us of a certain age might as well consider with equal credibility the story of a well-dressed hitchiker in the Pacific NW of late 1971 asking directions to a bank that could accept a $200,000 cash deposit, and where would be a good place to recycle a parachute.

So...suicide, or a poisonous snake, or a 'gator got him?

Still a lot of questions that need answering.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

seems a bit soon to only have bones left at this point....gators?

Quote Originally Posted by pesphoto View Post
    I would think that decomposition would be extremely rapid in Florida in September and October, although scavengers would obviously have been involved too. I feel sorry for the family of the young woman who will never have any real closure.

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    So...suicide, or a poisonous snake, or a 'gator got him?

Still a lot of questions that need answering.
    Could have been suicide and them critters got to him after the fact. I guess the tricky part will be what came first, if it was suicide.

Also very odd how the father went to the park and only spent a few moments and found a bag belong to his son.

Journal Entries
    Images

I was 100% incorrect, thinking the swamp was a smoke screen, how would his parents allow this verses being able to speak to or visit him in prison over his lifetime?? Man this is a cRaZY world we are living in.......
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

I remember reading "human remains" not "bones." Animals love to eat faces - soft tissue - first. Thus "remains" would be appropriate in a lot of cases when visual identification cannot be made conclusively.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

I remember reading (where I can't remember where or I would provide the link) somebody said that a body in the environmental conditions present in that area could become "skeletonized" within a week. So maybe that is all that is left of him. They also said yesterday that the area where he was found was under water until recently.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by One Half View Post
    I remember reading "human remains" not "bones." Animals love to eat faces - soft tissue - first. Thus "remains" would be appropriate in a lot of cases when visual identification cannot be made conclusively.
    I remember going to pig roasts and taken the chink /face meat .
    I guess we animals do love to eat faces.....

The cheak meat isn't bad either....

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    I would think that decomposition would be extremely rapid in Florida in September and October, although scavengers would obviously have been involved too. I feel sorry for the family of the young woman who will never have any real closure.
    It all depends on the environmental conditions, and whether the body was interred, or just on the surface. A quick search shows that decomposition of bodies on the surface is rapid in tropical climates, and this is borne out mainly through the results of the efforts of the recovery teams who are still searching for the remains of servicemen in Vietnam.

When they wanted to compare the strain of flu that caused the pandemic in the early 1900s, the bodies of Inuit people who had died from the flu, and were buried in the permafrost, were exhumed and the bodies were in a state of near-perfect preservation. There were some effects of the constant cold temperatures that surrounded the bodies, but the flu strains that they sampled were still viable after 100+ years.

So, the question that remains is: How did he die?

I expect that this case is far from closed.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
++ New Posts ++