WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Danish hikers 2022?

Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting here, it seems like a really great community!

I am from Denmark and am aiming for at thru-hike in 2022. Currently, however, the thing standing between myself and the trail is the fact that the U.S. consulate are not interviewing B-2 visa applicants right now as a result of COVID-19. Other types of visa applications are being prioritized and I am therefore unable to even book an appointment. This is kind of devastating, as I feel completely ready for the hike, and 2022 is the perfect time for me to leave.

I am wondering whether anyone here are also from Denmark aiming for a thru-hike in 2022? Or, alternately, whether or not anyone here has applied for a visa outside their country of residence?

Thank you!

It is hard, but there appears to be some leeway being given to extend your normal 90 day visa-free visit:

or travellers from almost all the countries of the European Union, but as well for travellers from Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Japan, San Moreno, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and the U.K., such visitors can enter the U.S. under the Visa Waiver program and can stay for a maximum period of 90 days. Such visits cannot be extended inside the USA, so the applicants must physically leave the USA and seek to return thereafter if they want to stay longer, or they can apply for longer stays by obtaining B-1 or B-2 visas at a U.S. Consulate before coming to the USA. Due to Covid and given the general prohibition on extending visa waiver stays beyond 90 days, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service has made special arrangements for such visitors to grant them a so-called “period of satisfactory departure” extension for up to 30 days. This can also be extended further. Visitors are counselled to call a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration call center to make these arrangements.

I remember several european hikers making plans to go to Canada and then come back to reset the 90 days. I'm not sure of how well that works, so do your own research.

Journal Entries
    Images

Welcome to Whiteblaze JB
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

++ New Posts ++