WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Waynesboro to Johnson City

Hi all --

I'll be hiking from somewhere in Virginia, just north of the Bryant Ridge Shelter to Waynesboro this summer -- again trying to collect some of the last couple of hundred miles on my thru-hike. Here's my question: Once I hike into Waynesboro, I need to get back to Johnson City, Tennessee to fly back home to the wild west. I know I can get a shuttle to Charlottesville, VA and then take a bus to Johnson City. Does anyone have other ideas on how to get from Waynesboro to Johnson City?

Thanks for your help --

Bad Ass Turtle

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ass Turtle
    Hi all --

I'll be hiking from somewhere in Virginia, just north of the Bryant Ridge Shelter to Waynesboro this summer -- again trying to collect some of the last couple of hundred miles on my thru-hike. Here's my question: Once I hike into Waynesboro, I need to get back to Johnson City, Tennessee to fly back home to the wild west. I know I can get a shuttle to Charlottesville, VA and then take a bus to Johnson City. Does anyone have other ideas on how to get from Waynesboro to Johnson City?

Thanks for your help --

Bad Ass Turtle

see if someone from the TN Eastman hiking club would be willing to give you a shuttle. they've given me a ride back from trail days to near johnson city before. granted, it was trail days which brings them anyways...and waynesboro is further away, but you never know.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

++ New Posts ++