Default Socks for Big Cypress

I don't usually walk through water for hours on end, days on end. What is your sock/liner game for truly wet conditions like walking through the water in Big Cypress?

Usually I wear darn tough socks, no liners, and trail runners. Currently Xero (not trail tested). Previously NB Minimus and Vibram Five fingers (obviously with toe socks).
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Images

I wore my regular hiking socks, they worked fine. Luckily, I chose an old pair of hiking shoes, had to throw them away afterwards.
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran

I used to wear my normal socks (darn tough) and trail runners. Boots tend to hold the water where the trail runners tended to squish it all out when back on dry. The water can and usually is knee high in places - this will flow over and into any and all boots/liners/plastic bags etc.

Plan to dry you feet well after the days hiking with dry socks and powders/rubbing waxes etc. as you can spend most of the day with your feet under water.

There is a lot more walking through water South of Alligator Alley (I75) than north. In fact you can hike all day in winter north of I75 with dry feet.

If I was staying out overnight - I would bring extra socks and just accept wet morning shoes. But the shoes would usually dry out fast when back on dry north of I75

++ New Posts ++