WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Tarptent Notch FS

Clearing out some old gear to finance a hammock rig....

Tarptent Notch, bought in 2016. Full mesh interior.

Used for 3 weeks on 2016 section, appx 15 nights. Maybe 20 nights total with all trips.

Shows signs of wear, some pinholes in bugnet around peak, small hole near hem on one door. Honestly I think a dadgum grasshopper chewed it one night, it looks like a tiny chew hole not a puncture LOL. The hole is small enough and low enough on the side that I didn't need to patch or repair it. If I did I would smear a little silicone on there and call it good.

Used it in late summer so it has some tree sap spots and such on the fly.

Seam sealed per TT's instructions.

Stakes and Stuffsack.

Let me know if I can answer any questions, if anyones interested. Its hard to think what to say to describe a tent, .

Asking $200, paypal is great If I can remember how to use my account there. Will ship USPS

IMG_2762.jpgIMG_0635.jpgIMG_0634.jpgIMG_0629.jpgIMG_0627.jpgIMG_0636.jpgIMG_0624.jpgIMG_0622.jpgIMG_0621.jpg
    Last edited by Runsalone; 11-10-2021 at 10:48.

Just a buyer FYI...I used a Tarptent Notch for my 2017 AT thru-hike. All I can say is that I loved it!! Easy set-up. The double vestibules give the Notch lots of room (and I'm a big guy). Really good, quality tent.

I loved this one too, My favorite thing was being able to guy out the apex and totally roll all the doors away on nice nights. Especially when its warm out. Nothing like drifting off to sleep with a light mountain breeze swirling around you, and waking up with the sun and woods with no tent blocking the view.

Good point. I'm 6 feet 4. Do you think the Notch is long enough for a guy my size (I'm not wide, just long) Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FollowMrMuir View Post
    Good point. I'm 6 feet 4. Do you think the Notch is long enough for a guy my size (I'm not wide, just long) Thanks
    I have a Notch Li and right around 6' would max out sleeping space.

Quote Originally Posted by martinb View Post
    I have a Notch Li and right around 6' would max out sleeping space.
    Funny I'm a tad over 6'2'' and I love my Notch.
    AT Flip Flop (HF to ME, HF to GA) Thru Hike 2023; LT End-to-Ender 2017; NH 48/48 2015-2021; 21 of 159usForests.com

Quote Originally Posted by FollowMrMuir View Post
    It "could" fit you, but IMO there are probably other options worth considering for really tall guys. Im pretty short at 5'8" so if I slide my feet down to one end it puts my shoulders in a wider part of the tent,keeps the fly (and rain noise) further away from my face and ears, and give me space above my head to store lots of stuff.

One of the things I always enjoyed about using my TT rainbow is the near vertical wall of fabric on the ends. Its WAY up off your face, the rain hits there at an extreme angle so the sound is soft and pleasant.

I would buy this if I didn't already have one. Great tent.

SOLD. Thanks everyone.

++ New Posts ++