WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Hip Bursitis

Images

Default Hip Bursitis

Is anybody else out there battling hip bursitis? I got a bad case in my right hip when I completed the Long Trail in August. Then I did a lot of biking after that when I should have been resting the hips instead. I'm now going through physical therapy and slowly progressing. I'm hoping I can get back to normal but that seems a long ways off. Would be interested to hear if others have successfully overcome this. Thanks.

Journal Entries

At the risk of sounding funny, since this is serious, I have never really overcame it. It's in the muscle that runs down the rear end and into the leg,and my doctor told me to rest it and ice it when it bothers me. Technically, the bursar is in any place in the body where a muscle rubs against a bone to lubricate it and if it gets inflamed it becomes painful

I had a bad case a couple years ago, started to affect my back too. An observant PT noticed something in my gait and we discovered I needed a 1/4" shoe lift. That resolved it. Potentially arthritis may have have been the cause in the change in length.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Yes my wife has been suffering from hip pain for years and recently had a leg length difference diagnosed. 9mm

++ New Posts ++