WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Backcountry bidet

I am intrigued by the concept of using a bidet on the trail. I understand how it might work over a cat hole, but what about in a campsite privy? Wouldn't it get the seat and floor wet?

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin2 View Post
    I am intrigued by the concept of using a bidet on the trail. I understand how it might work over a cat hole, but what about in a campsite privy? Wouldn't it get the seat and floor wet?
    Good point. I guess you'd have to vacate the privy and go off into the woods to wash your butt crack Besides, adding extra water to a composting privy is bad, which is why your requested to pee outside. In a non-composting privy, you want to get out of there ASAP anyway.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

That’s funny, was just thinking today about using my bidet system at the privy in Crabtree Meadows while on the John Muir Trail in 2019. After a week of wildpooping in a hole and burying, was a weird engagement.
    But as stated, it’s not a place to hang out for longer than needed.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Why does the name "chkenfngrs" seem somehow appropriate for a backcountry bidet discussion?

I use the bidet in the woods and save the TP for the privies.

I've used the Culo Clean in a privy several times and I don't recall much of a mess of water. Perhaps reserve a square of TP to just give the seat a final wipe down when done. Once you go bidet, you never go back. What a great start to the day after relieving yourself AND emerging with a cool clean hiney.
    It is what it is.

++ New Posts ++