WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Don’t mean to hijack thread but I have a slightly used catalyst I would probably make someone a pretty good deal on. It just doesn’t work for me. Nothing wrong with pack.

I ended up going with the packs arc air robic in 60L.
    I figured the cost and weight difference were negligible. I did a 1 night 2 day trip last week of 16/17 miles and 4 days, 3 nights, 40 miles this week. The 1 night trip I had only 15lbs total, no chargers or battery bank needed. Obviously felt fantastic. This week was about 22lbs when I started with all my food for an expected 5 day trip with an added older 10k mAh Anker plus kindle and charge cords. My heaviest load was probably last night when I stocked up on water just before the shelter. I was carrying 5.75 L in all. It actually handled it very well. Though I'm glad the shelter was very close. It wasn't at all uncomfortable.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Quote Originally Posted by One Half View Post
    I ended up going with the packs arc air robic in 60L.
    I figured the cost and weight difference were negligible. I did a 1 night 2 day trip last week of 16/17 miles and 4 days, 3 nights, 40 miles this week. The 1 night trip I had only 15lbs total, no chargers or battery bank needed. Obviously felt fantastic. This week was about 22lbs when I started with all my food for an expected 5 day trip with an added older 10k mAh Anker plus kindle and charge cords. My heaviest load was probably last night when I stocked up on water just before the shelter. I was carrying 5.75 L in all. It actually handled it very well. Though I'm glad the shelter was very close. It wasn't at all uncomfortable.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I just ordered a arc air robic 50L yesterday. Currently been using my ula olm 2.0. Hopefully the arc air will be as comfortable as the olm with the benefit of having some airflow on the back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a zpack air robic
    I visited with you a few days ago and got some good advice from you. Thanks
    I write now to let you know that I have had a good experience with their customer service.
    They, in my opinion do great customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Seesfar View Post
    I have a zpack air robic
    I visited with you a few days ago and got some good advice from you. Thanks
    I write now to let you know that I have had a good experience with their customer service.
    They, in my opinion do great customer service.
    you visited with me? I don't think so....

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Sure did. I asked if folks really got several days with of what is needed in an ultralight pack, you replied and asked me to describe everything I was putting in it and perhaps take some photos.
    I by mistake started the thread in the wrong forum by mistake.

“Help with going ultralight plz” was my thread but I posted it under “Forum questions “ or something like that. By error
    Anyway it doesn’t matter.

I am grateful for your advice

If you go to “Forum Help Topics”
    Then see my thread… “Help with going ultralight plz”, there will be our conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Seesfar View Post
    If you go to “Forum Help Topics”
    Then see my thread… “Help with going ultralight plz”, there will be our conversation.
    well, when you said we "visited" I took that to mean an "in person visit." Yes, I certainly do remember communicating on this forum in that thread. I'm glad I could help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by g26shooter View Post
    I just ordered a arc air robic 50L yesterday. Currently been using my ula olm 2.0. Hopefully the arc air will be as comfortable as the olm with the benefit of having some airflow on the back.
    I complimented my Ohm 2.0 with an Arc Air DCF 50L this summer. I really like the Ohm, but I might give it to a friend - the Arc Air feels just as comfortable, and the airflow is a big improvement. Saving over 8oz is never a bad thing either. The only downside is that I have trouble getting water bottles out of the side pockets without removing the pack. That might just be me and how I have it adjusted.
    2005 SOBO Attempt (500 miles)
    2024 (?) SOBO Planning

Buy a Six Moons Designs Minimalist Instead��

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
    I complimented my Ohm 2.0 with an Arc Air DCF 50L this summer. I really like the Ohm, but I might give it to a friend - the Arc Air feels just as comfortable, and the airflow is a big improvement. Saving over 8oz is never a bad thing either. The only downside is that I have trouble getting water bottles out of the side pockets without removing the pack. That might just be me and how I have it adjusted.
    I have a range of packs from 28L to 62L, but if I had to pick a favorite it'd be the Arc Air 50. However mine is Robic which is a little more scrape resistant.
    Last edited by cmoulder; 10-03-2022 at 08:32. Reason: Spelling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++