WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Double D, what you have posted is about citizenship at its most fundamental level. Inconvenient? Yes. Devastating to have all our prep and efforts destroyed because we "ought" to take some stand like pressing charges? Yep. It is hard. But....it is for the common good. Applause for your stand up-ish-ness as stated in your post.

It's rare, but if you hike enough, you will meet them. Usually no problems, besides giving you a scary story to tell later.

Clearly criminal activity should not be tolerated on the Appalachian Trail, and I hope that those with active warrants should be caught. Years ago Eric Rudolf was being sought and they thought he might be somewhere near or on the Appalachian Trail and he later got caught dumpster diving.

However I've seen a lot of profiling, biased attitudes and hostility against those hiking alone who *may* fit some type of "suspicious" profile. Hate crimes are against the law based on slandering people who are part of a nationality or other protected group. There needs to be pushback against hostility against harmless hikers who get "reported" without any cause for doing so.

Journal Entries

I passed Ice heading north just south of Cow Camp Gap shelter in Virginia around May 10th...
    Appalachian Trail completion 2022
    Georgia Loop 2022
    Benton Mackaye Trail 2023
    Foothills Trail 2023

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
++ New Posts ++