WhiteBlaze Pages 2022
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
$5 for printable PDF, AVAILABLE NOW. $9 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Registered User JNI64's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-23-2019
    Location
    Harpers ferry wv.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,892

    Default YouTube channel playground earth.

    Anybody else watching " mushroom" and " pink hotdog" ?
    I've been enjoying their trip and videos.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-05-2012
    Location
    Clearwater FL
    Age
    57
    Posts
    37
    Images
    1

    Default

    Yes watching them and also watching - Jay Wonders Out
    Moses is my 2012 Trail name and was given to me at Fontana Dam

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Steger View Post
    Yes watching them and also watching - Jay Wonders Out
    Not familiar with the other two but Jay Wonders Out videos have an ASMR effect, on me at least...

  4. #4
    Registered User JNI64's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-23-2019
    Location
    Harpers ferry wv.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    They're fun to watch not doing alot of miles just kinda strolling along. They just finished the smokies, creek crossing count kiss 19 a record
    Little mushroom is so cute and funny They are a good couple
    Out there having a good time. I have to admit I'm a little jealous
    That would be my dream hike retire and do it with a good woman.

  5. #5
    Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.
    Join Date
    12-13-2004
    Location
    Essex, Vermont
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephanD View Post
    Not familiar with the other two but Jay Wonders Out videos have an ASMR effect, on me at least...
    I had to look up the acronym, but for sure, Jay is ultra-mellow. I like how he appreciates the little things as much as the grand views.

  6. #6
    Registered User ldsailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-25-2016
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Age
    73
    Posts
    758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Steger View Post
    Yes watching them and also watching - Jay Wonders Out
    i watched some of his videos of the Arizona Trail last year before I did my thru-hike on it. He must have a stash of money somewhere because it seems all he does is hike. He has done the PCT, too, and a bunch of other lesser known or shorter trails. Anyway, he does some good videos. On the AZT he frequently stopped and discussed local plant life. Very interesting.
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ldsailor View Post
    i watched some of his videos of the Arizona Trail last year before I did my thru-hike on it. He must have a stash of money somewhere because it seems all he does is hike. He has done the PCT, too, and a bunch of other lesser known or shorter trails. Anyway, he does some good videos. On the AZT he frequently stopped and discussed local plant life. Very interesting.
    Ive been a subscriber of his for a long time. If remember right he is a retired Marine and also does IT type work I think. Single, retired military, no kids.... = money to spend. hahaha.

  8. #8
    Registered User JNI64's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-23-2019
    Location
    Harpers ferry wv.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Pink hot dog and mushroom are home for a few days and getting ready to head north through the SNP.

  9. #9
    Registered User JNI64's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-23-2019
    Location
    Harpers ferry wv.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    I hope these two survive their new york city trip. Been a couple days since they posted....

  10. #10
    Registered User JNI64's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-23-2019
    Location
    Harpers ferry wv.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Alot more bad in them there cities than them woods.

  11. #11
    Registered User JPritch's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-03-2017
    Location
    Lynchburg, VA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ldsailor View Post
    i watched some of his videos of the Arizona Trail last year before I did my thru-hike on it. He must have a stash of money somewhere because it seems all he does is hike. He has done the PCT, too, and a bunch of other lesser known or shorter trails. Anyway, he does some good videos. On the AZT he frequently stopped and discussed local plant life. Very interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioHiker View Post
    Ive been a subscriber of his for a long time. If remember right he is a retired Marine and also does IT type work I think. Single, retired military, no kids.... = money to spend. hahaha.
    He actually put out a video discussing how he finances his life. He's not retired but does get VA Disability. There was equity from selling his home, and savings. He barely makes anything from YouTube and affiliate links. I think Patreon might be coming through for him in a big way, as it does a lot of YouTuber's who have this lifestyle. It's kind of astonishing the number of folks wiling to part with their money to live vicariously through somebody else. I would never do it but hey, I'm sure I spend on things others would find silly.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTsdGmi0yVQ&t=372s
    It is what it is.

  12. #12

    Default

    Ive been watching them. They seem to be really enjoying the journey. I gained a little more respect for Pink-hot-dog, when I eyed the Eddie Van Halen Frankenstein guitar hanging on the wall in one of the shots from them at home. Wait, come to think of it, it could be Mushrooms.
    " 6 bucks and my left nut says we're not going to be landing in Chicago" Del Griffith

  13. #13
    Registered User JNI64's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-23-2019
    Location
    Harpers ferry wv.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slowdive View Post
    Ive been watching them. They seem to be really enjoying the journey. I gained a little more respect for Pink-hot-dog, when I eyed the Eddie Van Halen Frankenstein guitar hanging on the wall in one of the shots from them at home. Wait, come to think of it, it could be Mushrooms.
    Thats funny could be hers she's a good singer.
    Anyway they survived the big apple and are back on trail.

  14. #14
    Registered User JNI64's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-23-2019
    Location
    Harpers ferry wv.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Wow wow wee, they're getting some real money shots up in New Hampshire. They had a perfect weather day on Mt Washington.
    Day 189 in the books count kiss 10 . Heading into Maine soon.
    Nice folks rock on Mushroom and Pink Hotdog!

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-03-2022
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I've been watching Jay for a while, I don't think he focuses on the plants and little things as much now that he's trying to keep up with Pocket Rocket, but I'm good with that! Just started watching Mushroom and Pink Hotdog - they are having a great time! Al and Sandra are another nice hiking couple with a daily vlog.

  16. #16
    Registered User JNI64's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-23-2019
    Location
    Harpers ferry wv.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    "Wow wow wee" using mushrooms words and" what a long strange trip its been" using Gerry Garcia words they are done
    These 2 left Springer on January 30 and finished 222 days later she was 681 and he 682 to the finish.
    They had a very well trained hawk hike with them from the 100 mile wilderness AKA Crag Mains which was kinda cool.
    I've only been able to watch a couple completed through hikes because I get bored, but I watched these two from the beginning.
    With there water crossing kiss counts, money shot of the day,eating beagles, the Asian squat,Shaws lovely garden.
    They're real people and I relate they made me laugh and actually made my eyes leak.
    Congratulations to mushroom and pink hotdog.

  17. #17
    Registered User JNI64's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-23-2019
    Location
    Harpers ferry wv.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPritch View Post
    He actually put out a video discussing how he finances his life. He's not retired but does get VA Disability. There was equity from selling his home, and savings. He barely makes anything from YouTube and affiliate links. I think Patreon might be coming through for him in a big way, as it does a lot of YouTuber's who have this lifestyle. It's kind of astonishing the number of folks wiling to part with their money to live vicariously through somebody else. I would never do it but hey, I'm sure I spend on things others would find silly.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTsdGmi0yVQ&t=372s
    Yeah kinda crazy right. I've recently discovered wonderhussy on you tube she's wild not for the timid for sure, but the list of patreon contributions is astonishing! Especially given these times we are in and the stuff being sent to her is on another level . Yep more power to her she's entertaining!

++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •