WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Adirondacks maps

Anyone know where I can look for a used Nat Geo Adirondacks map pack or other Adirondacks maps that won't break the bank? Thanks in advance for any help!
    AT Flip Flop (HF to ME, HF to GA) Thru Hike 2023; LT End-to-Ender 2017; NH 48/48 2015-2021; 21 of 159usForests.com

are you looking for just the high peaks region or for map sets for the whole park?

the bundle of 5 nat geo maps is on amazon for $47, you probably won't beat that unless you get lucky at a used book shop. you could try abebooks.com i guess?

i should note that particularly for the high peaks region the nat geo maps have proven to be a bit out of date and error prone. for the high peaks area the ADK map will serve you better.

i haven't looked closely at the full maps

oops, you can ignore that last line. i was starting to say that i hadn't checked the full map set for errors, just the high peaks region. too bad we can't edit!

Quote Originally Posted by greatexpectations View Post
    oops, you can ignore that last line. i was starting to say that i hadn't checked the full map set for errors, just the high peaks region. too bad we can't edit!
    ha - no worries - thanks for the tip to check abebooks. Unfortunately, when I just checked now most people list their used maps for about the same price as a new map. The one listed for $6 was nice but there is $10 shipping.

I've heard some people like the old ADK mountain club map better but I also heard its been discontinued and they now sell the Nat Geo one on their website too. Shop | Adirondack Mountain Club (adk.org)

Is there a different ADK map that you are referring to? I'm interested in a map or maps that cover all the Adirondacks not just the High Peaks.
    AT Flip Flop (HF to ME, HF to GA) Thru Hike 2023; LT End-to-Ender 2017; NH 48/48 2015-2021; 21 of 159usForests.com

i was referring to this:
    https://adk.org/product/high-peaks-a...ack-trail-map/

i find it interesting that it wasn't more prominently displayed in their shop. i think i'm a version behind but it typically depicts the unmarked trails and camping locations more accurately.

the nat geo maps are probably your best bet for full coverage of the adirondacks, at least as far as paper maps go. if abebooks couldn't help you then your only other chance for used might be book shops and book sales.

you could always try your luck out on the adirondack forum too. friendly folk over there.
    https://www.adkforum.com/index.php

Very helpful - thank you!

++ New Posts ++