WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Larger than 10k battery brick…lighter weight

Plan to do skurka’s WRHR in fall at a slower pace. I lost my 10k brick in September….left in car of hitch after finishing CT. I did Alan’s WRHR few years back and 10k barely lasted the 7 days….planning for 10 days so need lil bigger as will be charging more…assume 15-20k needed.
    iPhone 13 pro w gps maps
    Headlamp
    Garmin watch
    Garmin inreach
    Dog e collar……only item that will need change more than once will be phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 nitecore 10000 is lightest option.

Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac64 View Post
    Just saw they make them…..I like there flashlight so will give a go. I haven’t looked at chargers in long time so wasn’t sure what the latest and greatest is….thx

"lighter" generally means capacity claims are inflated. There could be some variation due to what the case is made out of, but that would be minor.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

This.

Also, for charging the bricks, you can get a wall plug with 2 outlets. Then you can charge both at once. And you can also plug in your USB into that output port on the battery and then be charging that device (Phone, Garmen, Headlamp) all at the same time. So one wall plug is first charging two Nitecore batteries, which are then each charging another device. Works well overnight.
    You can also look for a USB adapter that will plug into the Nitecore Input USB, and convert to your USB cord (Sorry, I get all the A, B, C stuff confused). So with that adaptor, you can in the field, charge two devices from one Nitecore.
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

Very useful info; thanks for posting
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Plan to do skurka’s WRHR in fall at a slower pace. I lost my 10k brick in September….left in car of hitch after finishing CT. I did Alan’s WRHR few years back and 10k barely lasted the 7 days….planning for 10 days so need lil bigger as will be charging more…assume 15-20k needed.
    iPhone 13 pro w gps maps
    Headlamp
    Garmin watch
    Garmin inreach
    Dog e collar……only item that will need change more than once will be phone.

the nitecore can charge through. Power port 3 nano wall charger to usb-c to usb-c cable to battery pack ,cable to phone. 2 cables and one usb to usb -c adapter .

thom

Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post
    This.

Also, for charging the bricks, you can get a wall plug with 2 outlets. Then you can charge both at once. And you can also plug in your USB into that output port on the battery and then be charging that device (Phone, Garmen, Headlamp) all at the same time. So one wall plug is first charging two Nitecore batteries, which are then each charging another device. Works well overnight.
    You can also look for a USB adapter that will plug into the Nitecore Input USB, and convert to your USB cord (Sorry, I get all the A, B, C stuff confused). So with that adaptor, you can in the field, charge two devices from one Nitecore.
    Perfect thx…..

++ New Posts ++