WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Khike

Default Mountain House Raspberry Crumble!!!!

Hello All and hope you are well and planning and/or hiking. I am one of those weirdos that like MH meals. I have also used Packit Gourmet. They are excellent, but heavy. I like to keep it below 30 lbs pack wgt. Going through my stuff today and found I have 4 Raspberry crumble in my stash. Best by Jan 2048. What am I bid???? Let's start at 20 bucks apiece plus shipping. I don't remember how much they cost. Just kidding folks. Maybe you get lucky and pass by while I'm eating dinner. Hope to see you on the trail. Sincerely, Kevin K

You made me curious so I went and looked at my stash .
    I also have 26 years to consume my 3 packs of raspberry crumble . But then I reckon they'll be gone forever ......

Khike

Hey! Harpers Ferry, I've been there a few times, when I was a younger. Still a sleepy little place or are the Yanks moving in? Maybe I'll send an email every month till they crank the Crumble back up. KK

Quote Originally Posted by Khike View Post
    Hey! Harpers Ferry, I've been there a few times, when I was a younger. Still a sleepy little place or are the Yanks moving in? Maybe I'll send an email every month till they crank the Crumble back up. KK
    It's still a sleepy little town for the most part. But from now until winter time it will be super full of tourist every weekend. Lots to do you know the AT goes right through town of course and the Appalachian trail center is in town. Then there's the C&O canal access right across the river and Maryland heights. Not mention all the river crowds and rafting groups and kayaking, swimming.
    All good clean fun family activities!!
    Back to the crumble I was sad when they stopped making it like I was when they stopped making peanut butter pop tarts.....
    Hey your middle name doesn't start with a k does it? That wouldn't make for good initials....

Khike

KJK, don't need that much attention. kk

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    It's still a sleepy little town for the most part. But from now until winter time it will be super full of tourist every weekend. Lots to do you know the AT goes right through town of course and the Appalachian trail center is in town. Then there's the C&O canal access right across the river and Maryland heights. Not mention all the river crowds and rafting groups and kayaking, swimming.
    All good clean fun family activities!!
    Back to the crumble I was sad when they stopped making it like I was when they stopped making peanut butter pop tarts.....
    Hey your middle name doesn't start with a k does it? That wouldn't make for good initials....
    I was in Williamsport the other day, checking out the C & O canal trailhead for a future bike packing trip. Do you know if it’s safe to park overnight in the lot with the Cushwa building?

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic Jam View Post
    I was in Williamsport the other day, checking out the C & O canal trailhead for a future bike packing trip. Do you know if it’s safe to park overnight in the lot with the Cushwa building?
    I don't know to be honest, I think that's the visitor welcoming center? I've never heard of anything happening there FWIW.
    I think there's a C&O canal forum like whiteblaze you could check out.
    You know they added another 120 miles to it .it continues now from Cumberland Md to Pittsburgh PA and they say it's even flatter.

I cant hike without Raspberry Crumble, so I make my own now.

https://www.rei.com/product/610186/m...ble-4-servings shows the ingredients and weights, so its just a matter of getting the proportions right.

I also found that few places sell bulk FD raspberries, especially broken berries with powder(seems to be seasonal). I've tried breaking up whole berries but short of using a blender, you need the powder.

I buy here online from Northbay Trading Co. For a nice twist, I also buy their FD cherries and add some of those as they stay firm, adding nice texture. The residual cherry moisture will cause some clumping of the ingredients but you can obviously pack them separately to avoid that.

++ New Posts ++