WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: SE PA 2 nighter

Default SE PA 2 nighter

Hey now.
    Moved to Lewes DE and I have a chance to do a short trip leaving next Tuesday and returning Thursday. Can do a segment. Prefer a circuit. Have not done any of the AT around the Delaware Water Gap. At sixty-four, mileage is an issue. In reasonable shape and my partner on this trip is a young whippersnapper in his mid-thirties. Have done most of the AT from Carlisle to Standing Indian Mountain over the last thirty years. Lookin' to see some new vistas. Thanks!

Big Daddy

It's a steep and rocky climb out of the DWG going south, then you hit the dreaded loose, ankle twisting rocks PA is known for. A couple of views climbing out of the gap, but after that, nothing of interest. DWG to Wind Gap is the nastiest section of PA. Loops really aren't possible, it's out and back or road crossing to road crossing.

PA really doesn't have much to offer other than pain (Yet I'm about to do it for the 5th time staring in 11 days). Port Clinton to Palmerton is one of the more interesting sections.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Cool. Any other 2 nighters that you would recommend? Shall research Port Clinton segment.

I did a day hike a few years back. Started in Boiling Springs and went north. Beautiful trail! So, I’d suggest researching and starting perhaps south of Boiling Springs to determine how far a two day hike would take you. On the section I hiked there were no rocks or elevation to speak of so a great hike for me.
    Trillium

New Jersey has a plethora of places you could start and go south ending in DWG. Deerhead Inn there is pretty cool, live jazz, Th-Su. Right on trail. Sunfish Pond is a rocky @#$*# stretch.

Thanks, all. Gonna start at Pt. Clinton and head north. Have only 48 hours away from car so we'll probably make 15 to 20 miles. First hike since last July!!

SSDD,*
    Big Daddy

*SunShine DayDream

++ New Posts ++