WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default FS: zPacks Altaplex

After much thought, I’ve decided the zPacks Altaplex just isn’t the right tent for me.

I got it in early 2021 and have set it up a total of three times. I have slept in it just once on a trip last week. I prefer the two pole pitch and style of my old zPacks Hexamid Twin which unfortunately is no longer offered and so my search for a new tent will go on (any suggestions for a tent similar to the zPacks hex twin appreciated).

Altaplex is in perfect shape. There was condensation last week during the night I spent in it, but I dried it off and cleaned it up. It comes with a new stuff sack from zPacks that I just used once last week. Does not come with stakes.

Sells new from zPacks for $675. Price reduced to $530 priority mail shipped to the lower 48 included in price.

I also have the zPacks staff which, at 60” is supposed to be good to pitch the altaplex but I personally think it is too tall by a couple of inches. Purchased for $125. Willing to sell it for $100 shipped. It would come with a cuben fiber stuff sack for storage that I purchased separately from zPacks. But to be candid, I think the Altaplex would pitch better at 56-58” than 60”. ZPacks customer service admitted as much before saying the 60” staff is ok if you “dig it in to the ground a couple inches” which of course is not always possible.

Two photos attached from a test setup in local park.

Paypal friends and family or Venmo are acceptable

944E1476-BBBC-4869-A65F-A36F896E0F06.jpeg400BCE7C-136C-4324-B086-F7D6951A21E0.jpeg
    Last edited by Coffee; 05-18-2022 at 18:46.

Bump ...

Price cut to $575 for the Altaplex. It's in like-new shape after I spent just one night in it. Savings of $100 vs. today's price when buying new from zPacks.

Bump ...

Price reduced to $550 (Venmo or PayPal friends/family), shipped priority mail to continental U.S. Like-new shape with just one night in it.

I think this is a very good deal!

I just ordered another tent so I would like to get this one sold. Dropped price to $530 including priority mail tracked shipping to continental U.S.

The tent is in like-new condition, with just one night spent in it, and it retails for $675 on zPack's website, so you'd be saving $145. If there are any questions, you can reply here or send me a personal message. Thanks for looking.

If you dont have any luck here, try posting on the reddit ultralight gear trade sub.

I bet it goes quicker over there than here

Thought I’d post a link to a pic with weight of the tent. 15.27 ounces on my scale. Includes all guylines/hardware that came with the tent. Stuff sack is included in the sale and is an additional 0.3 ounce. No stakes included in weight or sale.

Offering at $525 (PayPal F&F or Venmo) shipped priority mail insured to continental United States.

That’s the best price I can justify since it’s only been used one night. Trying one last time - would prefer to get something else (copper spur ul1 is on back order) but will go ahead and start using if it doesn’t sell. A good deal at $150 under price from zpacks.
    Thanks for considering.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tent is sold. Thanks.

++ New Posts ++