WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 2022 SWD Long Haul packs- removable hip belt

Any reviews of the new SWD Long Haul packs? I’m really curious how the removable hip belt option is working out - seems odd that the removable hip belt is only attached at 2 daisy chain type connections. But then again, the connection seems to be right in line with the aluminum stays, so maybe this is an absolute genius idea?

I’m also curious about the Ultra 200 vs Ultra 400 fabrics. So far, there haven’t been that many reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can’t speak directly on the 2022 Long Haul. I carried a 2018 LH50L on the PCT, CDT, and BMT. What I can say is that the attachment points on the Movement 40L work well. I hiked the Pinhoti Trail this spring with a Movement. It has just one stay.

I think you’re right, the key is to have the stays ride directly on the belt’s attachment points.

I like my Movement a lot and can’t wait to use it again on the Long Trail this fall.

Though I can’t give you a comparison of the fabrics, I think there is a write up about them on the SWD website. At any rate, I’m very impressed with how my Movement held up in its first 350 miles of use.

Quote Originally Posted by hikewithgravity View Post
    I can’t speak directly on the 2022 Long Haul. I carried a 2018 LH50L on the PCT, CDT, and BMT. What I can say is that the attachment points on the Movement 40L work well. I hiked the Pinhoti Trail this spring with a Movement. It has just one stay.

I think you’re right, the key is to have the stays ride directly on the belt’s attachment points.

I like my Movement a lot and can’t wait to use it again on the Long Trail this fall.

Though I can’t give you a comparison of the fabrics, I think there is a write up about them on the SWD website. At any rate, I’m very impressed with how my Movement held up in its first 350 miles of use.
    Thanks for the insights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

I had to google SWD to see what kind of pack it was, and found this review

http://benkilbourne.com/blog/2021/11...haul-50-review

I thru hiked the AT SOBO last year with a 2020 one made with Dynemma. I was very happy with it. I would say the load max was lower than the 45 lbs mentioned by Kilbourne. More like 35.

++ New Posts ++