WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Maine Junction parking

Hi. I'm looking to get on the Long Trail toward the end of next week at Maine Junction. I plan on hiking to the northern terminus but will need somewhere to leave my car for 2-3 weeks. According to my 2019 thru hikers companion there is parking available at the inn at long trail. Does anyone know if this is long term parking, or will i need to find something in Rutland? Any other advice for parking would be appreciated.

A phone call to the Inn at Long Trail would probably tell you what you need to know.

Its been a while but I do recall the trail parking lot on the opposite side of the street from the Inn at the Long Trail. I agree with tiptoe that the Inn could probably give you good advice. Its the first parking lot I would go for if I was doing your trip, let us know what you find out!
    AT Flip Flop (HF to ME, HF to GA) Thru Hike 2023; LT End-to-Ender 2017; NH 48/48 2015-2021; 21 of 159usForests.com

Images

Thanks, I plan on giving them a call. Wasn't sure if anyone knew off the top of their head. Had no intention of taking a hike this summer but the opportunity just fell in my lap.

Yes, you must park across the street from the inn.
    Parking at the inn is only for guests.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    Thanks, I plan on giving them a call. Wasn't sure if anyone knew off the top of their head. Had no intention of taking a hike this summer but the opportunity just fell in my lap.
    Congratulations on the opportunity!
    Too often I have had the reverse happen.

It was a long time ago but the inn charged $2 a night for parking in their lot.

There is also parking at the LT trailhead about a mile or so from the Long Trail Inn.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rubyvermonter View Post
    There is also parking at the LT trailhead about a mile or so from the Long Trail Inn.
    Would it be safe to leave a car there for 2-3 weeks?

It is on a well traveled road, but I don't actually know the answer. You could contact the GMC and/or the Long Trail Inn for more information.

I've paid The Long Trail Inn to park my car there a few times for a few weeks at a time. Felt safer than across the road where the trail comes down. If it isn't a busy season, I'd give them a call.

Might not be a bad idea to call the local police to get information about parking and criminal behavior. They may have information the Inn does not have which could be beneficial.

i would pay the inn, i had my window smashed out at the rt 4 trailhead along with 5 other cars.

Images

FYI. I just contacted the inn at long trail. There is no fee for parking across the street from the inn. Thanks everyone.

++ New Posts ++