WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Looking for a ride: Harrisburg I'ntl. Airport to Duncannon, PA

Hi everyone, I'm seeking a lift from the Harrisburg International Airport to Duncannon, PA on October 5, 2022. Flight arrives at 11:25 AM. Many thanks in advance.
    Long-distance aspirations with short-distance feet.... :jump

1000+ miles down, 1000+ miles to go

Trail Angel Mary has done that many times for hikers, including me. Someone on here has her number. I don't.
    "When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute.
    But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute--and it's longer than any hour.
    That's relativity." --Albert Einstein--

Quote Originally Posted by RadioFreq View Post
    Trail Angel Mary has done that many times for hikers, including me. Someone on here has her number. I don't.
    Trailangelmary 717-834-4706 Owner: Mary B Parry. Based out of Duncannon, PA. Pet friendly. 365 days, 7am/7pm & holidays.
    S to Harpers Ferry, WV < > N to Delaware Water Gap, NJ & airport, bus & train terminals. Slackpacking.

Mary, and all the current shuttle operations, are listed on the WB home page, along with a lot of useful information for hikers. Just click on what interests you and it will pop up, or download as a pdf. BTW, I spent a month putting together the shuttle list, and attroll compiled all the other stuff. It is up-to-date:

Hostels and Lodgings
    Resupply Locations
    Shelter Mileages
    Shuttle providers
    Post Offices
    Kennebec Ferry Schedule
    Parking Locations
    Appalachian Trail Updates
    AT INCIDENT REPORTING

Last edited by atraildreamer; 07-13-2022 at 13:51.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Images

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    Trailangelmary 717-834-4706 Owner: Mary B Parry. Based out of Duncannon, PA. $ Pet friendly. 365 days, 7am/7pm & holidays.
    S to Harpers Ferry, WV < > N to Delaware Water Gap, NJ & A airport, C bus & _ train terminals. ? Slackpacking.

Mary, and all the current shuttle operations, are listed on the WB home page, along with a lot of useful information for hikers. Just click on what interests you and it will pop up, or download as a pdf. BTW, I spent a month putting together the shuttle list, and attroll compiled all the other stuff. It is up-to-date:

Hostels and Lodgings
    Resupply Locations
    Shelter Mileages
    Shuttle providers
    Post Offices
    Kennebec Ferry Schedule
    Parking Locations
    Appalachian Trail Updates
    AT INCIDENT REPORTING

Thanks for the info. That's a helpful reference and your efforts in compiling it are most appreciated. It has been 17 years (!) since I've done a section, and I seem to remember having met Mary at the Doyle in 2005 when I last left the trail.
    Long-distance aspirations with short-distance feet.... :jump

Quote Originally Posted by foodbag View Post
    Thanks for the info. That's a helpful reference and your efforts in compiling it are most appreciated. It has been 17 years (!) since I've done a section, and I seem to remember having met Mary at the Doyle in 2005 when I last left the trail.
    Thank you for the kudos, but my contribution was mainly the shuttle listings.

Rick, "attroll", the guy who set up the WhiteBlaze website, deserves the greater recognition for compiling all the other listings which are incorporated in his WhiteBlaze Pages guide book.

You can purchase it at: https://www.whiteblazepages.com/store/ in electronic, or print versions. The electronic version is updated automatically as changes are made throughout the year.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

++ New Posts ++