WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks for replies everyone. I'd invite some of them to go but its elderly parents in late 60s and early 70s. Dad can't walk good let alone hike he needs a walker.

13 murders on the AT since 1974, 10 in Midland just last year.

Quote Originally Posted by tsw View Post
    Thanks for replies everyone. I'd invite some of them to go but its elderly parents in late 60s and early 70s. Dad can't walk good let alone hike he needs a walker.
    IF they are OK with email, then a PLB (Garmin Mini in my case) is the way to go. I have three presets. "Starting here, everything is fine, no reply needed", "Stopping here, everything is fine, no reply needed" and.....I forget the third. My wife gets them and she knows she certainly MAY reply but not really needed. She gets the email to her work, can click on the link to the exact location where I'm spending the night. She really did go from "Wait...no....going alone....no cell coverage if you get hurt...." to "OH! Look, I know right where you will be! HAVE FUN!!". She wasn't onboard with me going solo until she'd actually seen the emails she would be getting.
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

Quote Originally Posted by tsw View Post
    Just tell them to watch walk in woods and chill
    And if they feel the need for the AT experience there's lots of areas HC accessible.
    Believe me your trip here will be your most dangerous part of your adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    Just tell them to watch walk in woods and chill
    And if they feel the need for the AT experience there's lots of areas HC accessible.
    Believe me your trip here will be your most dangerous part of your adventure.
    Especially if you ride Greyhound. Although you would get to hear a lot of prison stories even though all your fellow passengers were "innocent ".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++