WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Post-knee Surgery Easy Section?

I had a partial meniscectomy on my right knee early June and am doing well, hiking and biking. My three hiking buddies and I, all 65, usually do the steep stuff, but are looking to do three days and two nights out backpacking on flatter, less rocky sections. Any advice appreciated!

There was a recent post on someone 75years old looking for an easy section.

https://whiteblaze.net/forum/showthr...ced-and-now-75

Sorry - I should have been more explicit about wanting such easy sections on VT's Long Trail, the forum where I posted my inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickNH View Post
    Sorry - I should have been more explicit about wanting such easy sections on VT's Long Trail, the forum where I posted my inquiry.
    Whoops, I missed that. My bad.

Most will say the southern section of the LT. I found parts of the northern section of the LT very chill as well. I recall the section of the LT from Bear Hollow shelter north to the Lamoille River being a particularly easy section. Not sure about 3 days worth of easy on the LT though. The hardest part of the LT was from basically Appalachian Gap (Rt. 17) to Whiteface Mountain - so I'd avoid that part for sure if you want easy. Hope this helps!
    AT Flip Flop (HF to ME, HF to GA) Thru Hike 2023; LT End-to-Ender 2017; NH 48/48 2015-2021; 21 of 159usForests.com

++ New Posts ++