WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I was wondering if anyone else here knew about that mod. I added just the Molle II shoulder straps and it made a world of difference. The belt is on my wishlist, as my ALICE is my go to dayhiking/bushcrafty pack for longer(to me) hikes in the 5-10+ mile range.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbar View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else here knew about that mod. I added just the Molle II shoulder straps and it made a world of difference. The belt is on my wishlist, as my ALICE is my go to dayhiking/bushcrafty pack for longer(to me) hikes in the 5-10+ mile range.
    I changed the straps and the kidney belt as well. The kidney belt change is as dramatic as the strap change. I also added the MSS storage bag strapped under the frame. It's a huge volume increase, but it is heavy. I use the pack mainly for short hikes so the volume increase offsets the weight for me.

Myself, a member of the blue cord brotherhood. I retired my LC-II Alice quite a few years ago (24). Never used it for an AT hike but it had plenty of mileage on it.
    Termite fart so much they are responsible for 3% of global methane emissions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++