WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Dog Clothing suggestions needed

Hey everyone,

I am planning a thru hike of the PCT with my Jack Russel in 2023. I am looking for more technical layer type clothing for her. She is 13 lbs and very active. I am looking for dog gear that arn't the big brands everyone knows with a simple google search, they don't have what i'm looking for. I'm looking for full coverage cold weather gear that covers the stomach and all 4 legs. As well as dog booties that work for tiny dogs, or suggestions for something to use instead of booties in specifically cold weather. Her feet are small and thin and every booty i've tried slides right off immediately and is way too wide for her narrow foot. The only solution I have figured may work is a dog shoe that loops over her shoulders which seams uncomfortable or attaching them to the legs of some kind of base layer. She is fine in the heat, just gets cold easy and I have a nice winter coming up to try out every and all solution before the trail!

Thanks much!

Take a look at Ruffwear I bought my pittbull a synthetic down jacket and boots from them. Not cheap but good stuff.

I have looked through ruffwears stuff and as good as it is for larger dogs a couple harnesses are all I can really use with my small dogs the flagline for my jack Russel and the hi and light for my pom. I've also looked through Hurtta, Kurgo, Wilderdog, Canadapooch, and a bunch of other easily findable brands catalogs and it isn't what I'm looking for. I'm looking for more of the cottage or overseas companies that do dog stuff. Specifically I need the legs to be long and all 4 and a full belly covering.

I just looked my dogs boots came from muttluks and they do go all the way up his leg .

++ New Posts ++